People won't spend money on apps what gives!!!

Game4set

Reaction score
Can't ANYONE buy one of those prepaid visa cards at Wal-mart or other places like that?

If you're 16, you're old enough for a job in most states and old enough to buy a debit card for use on the market. :D
Maybe I haven't paid enough attention but I though those pre-paid visa cards were a $50 minimum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

There isn't really a minimum for them, but there's like a $3 fee to activate them.

Reaction score
i can understand your rant and see your point of view. In my opinion if people dont want to buy an application then thats there choice but if they go off and try to get paid apps for free then thats wrong. honestly these guys put ALOT of work into there applications and deserve to get something for it like titanium backup, rom manager premium, beautiful widgets, etc. they all deserve the small donation from you and it wont kill somebody to be out a few bucks that helps them get more updates :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Been a long time since I bought one, but I swear I've seen them for $10 or $20. You can put the amount you want, but I think I've seen people get them for giveaways with smaller amounts than $50.

And, if you're willing to spend money on apps, why not save up and buy a card even if there is a $50 minimum? You can use it for anything anywhere visa is accepted, and visa is everywhere you want to be...our at least that's what they used to say. Lol

Or you could use all of that money for apps over an extended period of time.

Just some thoughts...

OP
givmedew

givmedew

Reaction score
One thing you have to remember is that the method of paying for apps on the Android market might not be as convenient as lets say apple's app store where there are cards that you could use for the store. Being 16, its much more easier to get a card for 15 dollars than trying to get a credit card from my parents and having to explain why I need it, bla bla bla.

I do agree that the apple store is easier heck you used to and maybe still could slam your parents AOL account w/ apple store purchases as long as they had set you as a primary lol or you had their password LOL!!! (not responsible for any children doing this)

As for if you have your own money!!! You can get a prepaid debit card from Russell Simmons!!! You can be a legit baller hahaha!

As for who this thread was targeted at!!! Your PARENTS... I run into quite a few droid users every day and the majority of them REFUSE to purchase apps and the majority of them waste money on cigarettes, alchohol, $5 coffees, $55/m gym memberships!!!

I was just saying if your one of those people and you find it hard to hit that button that says purchase just think about the horrible substances you are pumping into your body at premium costs! Hell even if your a gun supporter... lol, 500rds of cheep 223 is what $150?

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
maybe the people who arent spending the money on the apps are the people saying to themselves. (that app isnt worth it?) Ill be honest 99% of the apps i see in the market i think are useless.. but to each their own..

edthesped

Reaction score
maybe the people who arent spending the money on the apps are the people saying to themselves. (that app isnt worth it?) Ill be honest 99% of the apps i see in the market i think are useless.. but to each their own..

Agreed, how many clock widgets or girlie apps do I really need? Put up some high quality apps and I'd be more than willing to pay for them. I'm by no means an Apple fan and couldn't own a Mac if I wanted to because none of the software I need for work runs on mac without an emulator; but my kid own's an Ipod Touch and I'm quite impressed with how refined it is compared to the Droid. The apps are far more robust than what I see for the Droid but that may be due to how poorly the apps for droid are organized in the market.

dos

Reaction score
I am going to go against the grain here, but who's business is it if someone does not want to buy apps for their droid. Granted everyone who visits this site will most likely purchase apps from the market, alot of people will most likely add just their basic Facebook, Twitter, Weather Channel, ESPN, a few games and be done. It's their phone, and own money, it they want to buy "smokes, alcohol, gamble, coffee, etc..." its their money and business(what are you, the government). I guess it is not good enough for you that they support Motorola, Android, and Verizon by spending that hard earned cash on a two year contract with data. Maybe they should have got a dumbphone and saved the cash over a smartphone for more smokes, booze and gambling.

Darkseider

Reaction score
If they want it and don't pay for it then yeah they are just looking to get over and pirate the app if possible. That just ain't cool. $5 ain't gonna make or break ya. Especially when you are dropping at least $90/mo to own a Droid to begin with. So if it is something you like and will use $5 - $10 is a justifiable expense. Just don't pirate it because that ain't cool at all.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Agreed, how many clock widgets or girlie apps do I really need? Put up some high quality apps and I'd be more than willing to pay for them. I'm by no means an Apple fan and couldn't own a Mac if I wanted to because none of the software I need for work runs on mac without an emulator; but my kid own's an Ipod Touch and I'm quite impressed with how refined it is compared to the Droid. The apps are far more robust than what I see for the Droid but that may be due to how poorly the apps for droid are organized in the market.

Uh, I don't think anyone advocates spending money on apps you don't use or want. However, if you don't support apps that ARE useful how do you expect there to be more useful and polished apps?

I've had a Droid since November and have already seen about a half dozen applications die from lack of support. For those who believe they are somehow entitled to "free" apps, it's worth considering how many of those "free" apps will be around in another six months.

satalac

Reaction score
I don't see why this is making some people so upset. A businessman (or business woman) has a job. That job is to make a product that people are willing to spend money on. You can't be mad at people who don't want to buy a program they personally do not feel is worth their money. If everybody was buying apps, in reality we'd probably have worst apps because the some of the developers would be resting on their laurels. Would I like the developers to succeed? Of course, but in business you have to earn your money.

iPirate

Reaction score
non-root wifi tether apps arent free. i don't want to pay for them, id honestly rather figure out how to write a program so i can have it free lol

Low Saturn

Reaction score
This is a rant in a way and in a way its a way to try to ask people to think about what they are doing!

I've had my Droid almost five months, and so far I havent found an app thats worth buying. None of the paid apps interest me. I dont really have that many free ones. But if something comes up and I fell that I must have it, I'll buy it. But that hasnt happend yet.

Do you buy starbucks more than 2x a week?

Nope

Do you buy more than $20 worth of alcohol a week?

Nope, closer to $10.

Do you drink over 20 ounces of soda a day?

Nope, gave up all soda three or four years ago.

Does your gym membership cost more than $20/m?

Dont belong to a gym.

Do you smoke AT ALL!

Dont smoke.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Under capitalism people vote with their dollars. If people aren't buying apps now, the apps will have to get cheaper and better to get customers. Encouraging people to make purchases that go against their will breaks down capitalism, comrade.