How do you "Pick Up a new Phone"?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
But then your locked up for 3 years?.. can you get a NE2 2 years into the 3 years?.. if you kept upgrading early wouldnt you eventually have a ridiculously long contract?

When you do any upgrade involving a contract change, early upgrade or NE2, you start a new contract term. You don't increase the existing contract time by 2 years, you start a new 2 year contract from that day.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get it..people always just "pick up" new phones when they come out, I mean how? Do you like buy the phones without contracts or what? I mean come on, it makes no sense..Either these people are rich (lol) or they are doing something i'm not aware of...inform me?
A little from column A (subsidized carrier upgrade), a little from column B (no contract purchase), a little from column C (ebay or other discounted sources), and so on. Your question is extremely broad as there are quite a few ways of approaching it. A lot of people also partially offset the new device purchase by selling the old device. If you're constantly upgrading then the old device is less likely to be considered obsolete at the time of resale.

FLE

Reaction score
Oddly my moto is the only thing I waited for a promo. I always go out and buy the new latest things. I guess its like an addiction, I have to have the newest thing.

snappingfish

Reaction score
I might be mistaken, but

lol. No, the contact is a new 2 year one. Technically u could look at it like that. But I didn't have to upgrade. U could just wait til your contact is up and go from there.

It's supposed to be 16, but I think they are having some kind of smart phone promotion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I swear I thought that I saw a vzw promo
here it WAS!!!!!
February 17, 2010
Verizon Wireless Buy One BlackBerry/Droid/Palm/HTC Phone Get One FREE, Feb. 17 12 PM

Deal Expired: Verizon Wireless is offering this deal - buy any of the listed BlackBerry or other smartphone with 2yr family share contract and get a FREE second equivalent BlackBerry or other smartphone or Gateway netbook. Free Overnight Shipping.
Family contract plans start at $69.99 per month for 700 minutes. Data plans start at an additional $29.99 per month. You can also sign up for individual plans for each phone.
Eligible phones include:
BlackBerry 8703e - $29.99 (was $79.99)
BlackBerry 8830 World Edition & Curve 8330 - $29.99 (was $99.99)
BlackBerry Curve 8530 - $99.99 (was $199.99)
BlackBerry Tour - $99.99 (was $199.99)
BlackBerry Storm 2 - $179.99 (was $279.99)
HTC Touch Diamond - $49.99 (was $99.99)
Palm Pre Plus - $149.99 (was $249.99)
Motorola Droid - $199.99 (was $299.99)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^See, the promo I got was a combo of that one and an extra early upgrade. I got my Droid for $199 April this year. I called back the other day cuz I ddnt get any more info about my free phone. The customer service rep said to get the other phone free I had to add a line. (I only have one line)