waiting, but so far underwhelmed by what am I reading....

OP
J

jason_jm

you can switch the launcher. What don't you like about sense?

in the standard config, i cannot get the phone out my pocket without answering or declining a call approx 50% of them time (as I am pulling it out)

there is no way to change this behavior without modding the phone

whoever designed the UI needs a punch in the nuts.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ugh!!! Had a little brain fart. LOL. My mind went back to when the RAZR was originally stated to have the 4460. My bad.

And I wasn't disagreeing that the GN is a nice piece of hardware and can hold it's own. I just didn't understand SSH's logic that it was the best hardware offered by VZW. That is a bold statement.

It's all good. If you were keeping tabs on this phone like I am you'd be having more than just brain farts. The only reason I knew anything was because I've read every review, seen every video and comparison on the Razr, Rezound and G-Nex. And yes, SSHGuru's statement was bold but I think it holds some truth. The only competition hardware-wise to the G-Nex is the Rezound. The Razr to me is just a thinner Bionic, I had the Bionic and I couldn't justify spending $300 on it. I feel the same about the Razr.

mzjin

Reaction score
not really

i wanted to get rid of my thunderbolt for something great

but i dont need a thunderbolt version 2. Nothing worse than buying a phone that works worse than your previous phone.

once bitten.....

Twice Apple? I'm likely just going to get a iPhone 4S at this point.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
4S has the battery issue right now until they find a fix mzjin, so pick your poison as they say.

Chatchie

Reaction score
Its the first Nexus to Verizon.

Its specs are on par with all other smartphones.

Its the best looking phone out. Its straight sexy.

Why all the crying?

jleeusa

Reaction score
Did I just have deja vu? I swear I read that thread before. I can't go backwards, its been hard enough waiting.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've read in reviews that it's lower than the OG but I haven't hear of it being too low to hear.

What phone isn't quieter than the og. That phone is the loudest I've seen.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
Its the first Nexus to Verizon.

Its specs are on par with all other smartphones.

Its the best looking phone out. Its straight sexy.

Why all the crying?

The specs say that the SGII has a better processor.

The design is all about preference. personally i don't like the feel of plastic because it feels cheap.

This phone is NOT a POS, its a decent phone but thats about it nothing special.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The specs say that the SGII has a better processor.

The design is all about preference. personally i don't like the feel of plastic because it feels cheap.

This phone is NOT a POS, its a decent phone but thats about it nothing special.

If this is decent, every phone on Verizon is absolute pos

GoBears

Reaction score
Rezound doesn't even have a perm root yet and the Razr's BL is locked down forever. Nexus got them beat right there. It's all in what the user wants. Not to mention vanilla android without having to run a buggy rom. I can't wait.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Rezound doesn't even have a perm root yet and the Razr's BL is locked down forever. Nexus got them beat right there. It's all in what the user wants. Not to mention vanilla android without having to run a buggy rom. I can't wait.

Those are the reasons why i am still getting this phone.

But I am talking for the average consumer, right out of the box. I shouldn't have to run CM9 on this thing just so it can run as smooth as a stock GalaxyS2.

This phone might not sell as good as the Razr or the Rezound because this phone is not appealing as to anyone as it is to us.