A WARNING for Galaxy Nexus potential buyers

wil318466

Reaction score
Are there plenty of threads where people have said they have experienced perfect signal? Like I've said (and others have mentioned it), I've had absolutely NO issues, so it's baffling to me about these threads popping up. I would say maybe I'm just really lucky, but I've never been that lucky. Hah.

So, for what it's worth - perfect reception/data here.

azdrifter

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter which phone you own because at the rate Manufactures are rolling out phones these days in 3 months we will all be praising the newest phone that comes out or is launching soon (vzw) LOL.
It's a good thing to have so much variety in which phone we buy, it makes Mobile phone manufactures put their best foot forward and build a product that is actually worth the god awful price we pay for them.
True when there are problems with a phone consumers pay so much for and are locked in to a 2 year contract with,it only seems natural to want the carriers and manufacturer to solve these issues and provide a quality service for what we pay a pretty penny for.

Will there ever be a perfect phone?

Only when they can implant one in our brains,and that one will probably have bugs too and conflict with our brain waves LOL:blink:

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
I miss analog. Ever have a moment in your conversation where both people talk at the same time? Analog could do this (think land line) and the latest and greatest smartphones shame themselves they handle that situation so badly. But they've convinced us all that digital is better and so analog phones went the way of vinyl discs. They rake in the profits while we have awkward moments with simple things like trying to have a telephone conversation.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one thing the Nexus is better than my Bionic is talking on the Phone. The RAZR has the same guts.

Also the RAZR has a terrible screen. I would spend more than a day with it and give Google a chance to update the phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I miss analog. Ever have a moment in your conversation where both people talk at the same time? Analog could do this (think land line) and the latest and greatest smartphones shame themselves they handle that situation so badly. But they've convinced us all that digital is better and so analog phones went the way of vinyl discs. They rake in the profits while we have awkward moments with simple things like trying to have a telephone conversation.

They convinced us that digital is better by making the airtime a fraction of the price! And didn't the analog signal just murder the battery life?

captdroid

Reaction score
They convinced us that digital is better by making the airtime a fraction of the price! And didn't the analog signal just murder the battery life?

ya those analog cell phones were expensive to use! And bulky! Not sure about battery life my analog cell phone I had back in the day actually was a handset wired in my car to a box the size of a carton of cigarettes in the back trunk area :D It did work well though and even had voice recognition (microphone mounted just above the windshield, antenna stuck on the back windshield) believe it or not and it worked pretty darn well for the time. :)

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
Rampant (op) - I'd just like to say thanks for giving a review of what you consider important in a smartphone. Everyone gets (understandably) caught up in how awesome the new technology is and many of them only need a telephone for incidental use. When your business is on the line, the phone part of smartphone had better shine.

My situation is somewhat similar to yours and if I have to constantly ask people to repeat themselves they'll hate dealing with me and that's just not good business. To me, the "smart" things a smartphone can do is just a bonus, firstly a phone had better be a good phone.

you should get the rezound then... i know what u guys are talking about the call quality on the nexus is hard to explain sounds like there muffled or something its weird the razr and rezound both have better call quality and reception to this point in time.. i still think the best phone out on vzw is the rezound thats opinionated tho but at least sum1 agrees in the link below! all three are good phones but to me the rezound does the same features better than the others!!!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ison-samsung-galaxy-nexus-vs-htc-rezound.html

pool_shark

Reaction score
you should get the rezound then... i know what u guys are talking about the call quality on the nexus is hard to explain sounds like there muffled or something its weird the razr and rezound both have better call quality and reception to this point in time.. i still think the best phone out on vzw is the rezound thats opinionated tho but at least sum1 agrees in the link below! all three are good phones but to me the rezound does the same features better than the others!!!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ison-samsung-galaxy-nexus-vs-htc-rezound.html

The guy who sold me the nexus has a razr, he told me I should get the rezound because he had zero customer complaints.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The guy who sold me the nexus has a razr, he told me I should get the rezound because he had zero customer complaints.

It's most likely because less people have purchased the Rezound. I'm being completely honest, looking at the numbers it goes Nexus->Razr->Rezound. Less sales = less returns.

zathus

Reaction score
enough of these "why I don't like the nexus!" Threads! Its the same old crap every post. I get great reception, the camera works fine for me, the phone is freaking awesome! If you don't like it, cool get something else. But good lord, it's getting old with all these posts. I will add this, I just installed a 4.3 rom and my reception is unbelievable! it did get improved.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

proangler

Reaction score
I have had several issues that i cant seem to fix.
1. Get booted after looking at a few pages.
2. Try to use number pad when on phone and it dusapears when i go to punch in numbers fir like automated services ir voice mail.
3. Barely have 4 g bars if get any were my bolt was good.
4. Cant fugure out how to dekete music from phone without losing all if it.
5. I often have to hit back and home and app buttom hard to get to work (spuratic)
6. Volume. I bought volume plus but still is spiratic.
7. Battery life is suspect when using apos and surfing
And several others

Reaction score
my GN doesn't smile at me and make me coffee in the morning. i may return it due to this. :icon_eek:

x25064

Reaction score
Oh and when scrolling web pages the text is blurry and lags when catching up.

I wish this wasnt so. I think its an ICS thing. The blurriness is so the page can theoretically scroll faster without fully rendering. I wish the scrolling was as smooth as an iPhone or S2.

x25064

Reaction score
[/b]

No joke. I'm on probation over there because my opinions are unbiased instead of falling all over myself and ignoring that the phone has issues.

I don't have any problems with data loss, call quality, speaker volume, USB transfers, or wifi.
My problems are with voice dialing over BT, the camera, and the web browsing.

I was told I was flaming a user because he comes into every single thread if someone says something negative and tells them they are wrong, and when he did it to me, I told him he was predictable and I knew he would post a reply.

I got banned for 10 days because someone made an elitist post about how the nexus is the greatest phone ever and kept calling iphone users "sheep" and nexus users "pioneers". I told him very nicely that his elitist attitude wasn't going to help anyone and he was being no better then the iPhone users he was so quick to criticise.

Then next login..bam 10 day ban.