waiting, but so far underwhelmed by what am I reading....

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
But the fact is that it has ICS and the new OS was built around this phone which means it's going to perform like a champ no matter what anyone says. I really am getting tired of people just stating new threads bashing the phone that hasn't even been released yet in the US. It's all "Wah! The processor sucks!" or "Wah! The camera is the worst ever!" or "Wah! I'm so upset I waited for this phone!" If you don't like it, don't get it. No one made you wait this long except for you. Here are some fun facts, the camera doesn't suck(the software needs to be tweaked for it to work better), the processor doesn't suck(it's what makes encoding 1080p videos fast), the speaker phone is software related. ICS is brand new, you think older Android OSes were perfect when they were just released. Give it some time to get released and if updates don't fix any issue users have then you can cry all you want but it's not even released so just sit back and wait or buy a Razr/Rezound.

(I mean this as nicely as possible but it had to be said.)

I just want you to know the thread I made about the external speaker is more less, what is everyones thoughts and what is everyone gonna do about it. To me its a huge deal. When you have 7 reviews, maybe more stating the speaker volume is under par. Good chance its under par.

To say its a software problem is a lil premature absumption if u ask me. I ain't saying it can't be boosted with software and to be honest I hope ur right but boosting up volume level could overpower the speaker from what it is intended to put out causing it to crackle/distort and eventually blow. Now u have a nice shiny Nexus with no external sound. Its not the fact it can't be fixed easily, its the fact for 299, something so easy shoulda came with a decent speaker.

And regardless if its not out in the US or not, I'm pretty sure stuff like the speaker and camera is gonna stay the same. I know your getting tired of people bashing the phone, I'm simply not bashing it. Plan on taking off work the day it comes out and being one of the first to get it. Am I a lil skeptical of a few things, YES.

Personally I'm tired of the 2000 posts in the pre release thread all dogging on VZW. My moto was if u don't like VZW, leave but that caused a flame war.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Based on??? Same processor and GPU as the RAZR. Radios will never be as good as the RAZR or Bionic. Screen on the Rezound blows away the competition. Build quality is questionable especially with the flimsy battery cover.

Not disagreeing with your opinion. Just trying to understand your logic.

Ummm, Razr has the OMAP4430(same as the Bionic), The G-Nex is rocking the OMAP4460. The GPU is the same yes but the G-Nex's is OC to 384 and the Razr's 200. I've read the build quality yet not the best is quite nice for a Samsung phone, the flimsy battery cover is very durable(have you seen people flex it?) The screen has been said to look as good as the Rezound for it being AMOLED and using PenTile technology. I agree with SSHGuru, the hardware is pretty good, not the best but holds up against any other phone on the market at this time.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My thing is this...I like all smartphones really and some are better than others and some may appeal to one more than it would to the next guy. EVERY phone that comes out has a few issues. This is a fact. The carriers' marketing strategy is working on a few people obviously. However, myself, will buy the devices because they have some qualities the others may not. The recent devices in my opinion that are worth my money will be the Razr(which I have) and the galaxy nexus..The reason is the Razr has a great build quality and battery life exceeding a day with my moderate use. It will probably survive some punishment if I ever drop it or bump it on something at work or play. The main reason is Google bought Motorola so in time it will be the one with the update priority I would think. The galaxy nexus wouldn't be bought because of its hardware at all or its OS but because its HD screen and its open source...I wouldn't knock another device just because I don't own it or whatever because I won't turn one down if the money is right. Hell if I could incorporate the iPhone 4s retinal with the Razr and it being a pure Google phone, I would have my cake and be eating it too! Lol but all the complaints on devices ..I always look at the pros and cons and the amount of complaints. What we see online will seem like many but is usually that way because its in a help forum...lol If we had everyone having these issues there would be a product recall. I do know the data dropping is one that affected many but I believe that was multiple platforms dealing with 4g..But I have had zero complaints with the Razr at this point. Nor the D2 or any other phone I own..I will say this...I do agree that with the amount we pay for these devices I think they should take more time testing before putting them out but just look at what were doing in the forums lol..Please just put it out already!!!!!lol Anyway thanks and hope in the end everyone ends up with a device that they are really happy with..peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Xsist

Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with the phone not being released yet. People getting anxious and nit picking. The things that don't normally bother us, are becoming a nuisance. I for one will get the nexus for dev support alone. I still think it will be an awesome phone regardless. After an update or 2,it will run smoothly

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you especially since you agree with me :icon_ lala:

Ummm, Razr has the OMAP4430(same as the Bionic), The G-Nex is rocking the OMAP4460. The GPU is the same yes but the G-Nex's is OC to 384 and the Razr's 200. I've read the build quality yet not the best is quite nice for a Samsung phone, the flimsy battery cover is very durable(have you seen people flex it?) The screen has been said to look as good as the Rezound for it being AMOLED and using PenTile technology. I agree with SSHGuru, the hardware is pretty good, not the best but holds up against any other phone on the market at this time.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I just want you to know the thread I made about the external speaker is more less, what is everyones thoughts and what is everyone gonna do about it. To me its a huge deal. When you have 7 reviews, maybe more stating the speaker volume is under par. Good chance its under par.

To say its a software problem is a lil premature absumption if u ask me. I ain't saying it can't be boosted with software and to be honest I hope ur right but boosting up volume level could overpower the speaker from what it is intended to put out causing it to crackle/distort and eventually blow. Now u have a nice shiny Nexus with no external sound. Its not the fact it can't be fixed easily, its the fact for 299, something so easy shoulda came with a decent speaker.

And regardless if its not out in the US or not, I'm pretty sure stuff like the speaker and camera is gonna stay the same. I know your getting tired of people bashing the phone, I'm simply not bashing it. Plan on taking off work the day it comes out and being one of the first to get it. Am I a lil skeptical of a few things, YES.

Personally I'm tired of the 2000 posts in the pre release thread all dogging on VZW. My moto was if u don't like VZW, leave but that caused a flame war.

This was not at all aimed towards you or anyone else who started a thread voicing concerns but to people who do not use the search button and blindly start a new threads that have been discussed already. My post was not intended to start a flame war, I was simply voicing my opinion and educating the OP as it seemed they were a little misinformed. I do think a lot of these concerns can be fixed with software tweaks, Google's name stands behind this phone and I can't see them allowing Samsung to use sub-par hardware. ICS is still in it's early stages and while it is very impressive it has a lot of maturing to do. So all I ask is to give ICS and the G-Nex time to settle in. I believe this phone will rock all it's competition once it does. Plus, there are awesome devs out there who will probably make this phone better than Google can, I have no concerns about this phone simply for that reason. The OG was great when it first came out and the only thing that kept it from becoming outdated was the development community. Up against phones that came out after, the OG had no chance hardware wise but still was the most popular device and still is IMO.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with the phone not being released yet. People getting anxious and nit picking. The things that don't normally bother us, are becoming a nuisance. I for one will get the nexus for dev support alone. I still think it will be an awesome phone regardless. After an update or 2,it will run smoothly

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

This is a good thought and yes I'm buying it regardless. I wanted it for a many several months as well as the Razr. So when it comes out. I will get it around February unless they pull another Razr/d4 then I will possibly get that..lol Has anyone seen the slide out keyboard on the s3? My God...lol sweet but I'm sure I'd be okay without it for a while....

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I still think we are yeeeeeeeeears away from a truly amazing handheld photo taking experience. how does the picture look on the device? That is my benchmark...anything else I use my Canon DSLR. but I agree with the rest of it I think its going to be a gong show and fully predict that 4.1 or whatever will be a disaster for the first few months. let's just hope that Goog and VZW get patches out in rapid succession.

GoBears

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus on Verizon's LTE network is a huge win/win in my book. Wouldn't have it any other way. Sooner? Hell yeah but I can wait. I traded my Bionic for an VZW iPhone so I'm suffering along with the rest of you. C'mon Big Red!!!!

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
This was not at all aimed towards you or anyone else who started a thread voicing concerns but to people who do not use the search button and blindly start a new threads that have been discussed already. My post was not intended to start a flame war, I was simply voicing my opinion and educating the OP as it seemed they were a little misinformed. I do think a lot of these concerns can be fixed with software tweaks, Google's name stands behind this phone and I can't see them allowing Samsung to use sub-par hardware. ICS is still in it's early stages and while it is very impressive it has a lot of maturing to do. So all I ask is to give ICS and the G-Nex time to settle in. I believe this phone will rock all it's competition once it does. Plus, there are awesome devs out there who will probably make this phone better than Google can, I have no concerns about this phone simply for that reason. The OG was great when it first came out and the only thing that kept it from becoming outdated was the development community. Up against phones that came out after, the OG had no chance hardware wise but still was the most popular device and still is IMO.

I agree, and I just wanted to make sure u wasn't aiming at me. I believe the phone is hot, gonna be hands down one heck of a phone. I have a few concerns but was really just looking to hear peoples positive ideas on fixing the issues is only why I posted.

akhi216

Reaction score
IMO, the only thing the Nexus has on the Rezound is unlocked pure ICS experience. The Rezound is a great phone. I'm really not one to buy a phone based on it's looks alone.

Actually the Galaxy Nexus has on the Rezound the processor (OMAP4 4460) that specializes in HD video decoding in addition to the pure Google experience. It's big when you consider the fact that both phones have HD screens; the Rezound will lag in places that the Galaxy Nexus won't. The Rezound has higher clock speeds on the processor and GPU but they are necessary to keep up with the demands of the resource hungry Sense, this makes it a non-factor as the two phones will perform about the same. HTC managed to be the first manufacturer to get it right this time with LTE reception (as the general consensus was that all LTE phones have LTE connectivity issues) thanks to having a Qualcomm processor that plays nicely with the Qualcomm LTE chip in the Rezound. People who've played with the LTE Galaxy Nexus say that it performs good, but that's the same thing I heard before the Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, Revolution, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, LTE aircards, and LTE MiFis/Hotspots were released so go figure. It remains to be seen if the Galaxy Nexus can maintain a more solid LTE connection than the Rezound but I'm not holding my breath given my personal experience with Samsung internet enabled devices. Hopefully, Google's hand in making the phone makes it a non-issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I agree, and I just wanted to make sure u wasn't aiming at me. I believe the phone is hot, gonna be hands down one heck of a phone. I have a few concerns but was really just looking to hear peoples positive ideas on fixing the issues is only why I posted.

Friends? :beer2:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Ugh!!! Had a little brain fart. LOL. My mind went back to when the RAZR was originally stated to have the 4460. My bad.

And I wasn't disagreeing that the GN is a nice piece of hardware and can hold it's own. I just didn't understand SSH's logic that it was the best hardware offered by VZW. That is a bold statement.