My gripes with the Nexus so far

mdroid28

Reaction score
Not sure how you guys aren't getting great battery life out of your nexus. I leave lte on all day and it lasts through that. I hope the size of the nexus doesn't bother you because if it does the RAZR us going to bother you more. It's actually bigger than the nexus because of the god awful bezel it has.

I came from an og DROID like most people did and the only beef I have is with the speaker not being quite loud enough. Other than that I have absolutely zero complaints. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

When I was on the stock 4.0.2 build and stock kernel, my battery life was absolutely horrid. In some phones, for some reason, there is a bug that doesn't allow the processor to enter the deep sleep state. It constantly runs at 350mhz even when the screen is off. Once I flashed GummyNex 0.2.9 and 0.3.0 4.0.3 builds, that problem was gone. Plus the Iom lean kernel is uv/oc so battery life is insane in standby. The screen is just what kills the battery now.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to personally disagree with you here. I got both the Bionic and the Nexus the day they came out. The Bionic in terms of data was perfect the entire time I owned it. It never dropped 4g except one time the 4g network actually crashed, and then it was still able to access 3g. I have gotten faster 4g speeds on the Nexus when it's actually working, but it seems to connect or disconnect at a whim. The Wi-Fi connectivity is terrific though.

I do think it's software because it worked absolutely fine before I did the 4.0.2 OTA. Maybe that was just luck, but who knows. You're extremely lucky to not have this problem because it seems almost everybody else does. It seems hard to believe that such a massive quantity could have defective hardware, but I suppose anything is possible.

Another possibility is something is actually amiss with Verizon's network, my sister's Razr is having trouble lately, although not as bad as the Nexus. The tech support guy I spoke with on the phone last night sounded like they were really having trouble lately. He said they were "paying the price for being pioneers." He was really cool about it though and refunded my data plan for the month.

First post in Bionic forums is a 29 page thread of people having data/connection issues with the Bionic.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-connection-no-4g-3g-1x-signal-only-wifi.html

Like me not having issues with the Nexus, it's just as possible you didn't have issues with the Bionic, but the Bionic definitely had huge problems when it was released.

mdroid28

Reaction score

ChrisU

Reaction score
Funny i just returned my razr for many of the same reasons you want it. Im sticking with the nexus after owning both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
So far my Nexus battery has lasted all day. Not saying much though since Im at work and rarely use my phone.

Having said that I have noticed some rather startling things about the battery. Soon as I unplug the phone at 100%, I may mess around sending a few texts, & checking google news. Not even five mins have gone by and my battery life drops like 4%...From 5 mins of casual usage! :icon_eek: My screen is turned completely down by the way and I hve disabled several programs. Shame I can't set how often gmail syncs. Im sure thats not helping my battery any either.

pnovak67

Reaction score
Anyone else experience BT problems when connected to A2DP and headset?

When I have audio streaming via A2DP and a headset connection the headset audio is garbled & unintelligible. Disconnect A2DP and the headset sounds fine.

Tried it in 2 cars with built-in BT and a Moto HX1, and tried the A2DP with 2 different TuneLinks and a Creative D100, always get the same results.

Running newer radios and Bugless Beast nightly 12/22 (4.0.3)

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I've owned my Nexus for a few days and am seriously considering taking it back and pulling out my Droid 1 again. I love this phone, but am concerned with some of the lag in it and battery. When texting in landscape mode, the phone seems to have a difficult time keeping up with the speed that I type. Sometimes I'll tap two to three letters and and the phone seems to freeze then catches up. It does this all the time, but only in landscape mode. Some apps seems to lag, but this only occurs in non-Google apps which run flawlessly. Maybe this is because the other apps aren't fully compatible with ICS? I have no idea. My Droid 1 was rooted and operated well, but I don't want to have to root the Nexus in order to make it work. Does anybody know how to resolve the text messaging lag? It occurs in e-mail too by the way. I'm on 4.0.2 by the way.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't had much issues with lag. However, it is annoying how slow it is to rotate to landscape in the browser. Maybe a setting somewhere or something a future software update will fix, but it is really annoying.

jerroedr

Reaction score
i think I saw some people fix it by changing the animations to fast or turning them off??? not too sure about that, and I dont know their root status