keep razr or trade in for nexus??

mkuhn1020

Reaction score
I got the razr for christmas. It is my first smart phone and i like it. Not much too complain about besides the battery, but i know that is expected with 4G. Didn't know much about the galaxy nexus when I get the razr, but it seems like that is the phone to get. I feel like the only reason i haven't traded in for the nexus is because "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". but idk...seems like the nexus will be the better phone 1-2 years from now. I have untill jan 15th to decide and would appreciate any input between the two.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I suggest you go to the store and mess around with a nexus. See if it really is something you can hang onto for that many years.

Reaction score
for me, trading the razr in for a newer phone with a much better screen and newer OS is a no brainer, especially considering they're the same price. the razr comes complete with a bunch of marketing gimmicks like "splash proof" tech and "kevlar tough" back, which are essentially useless . to each his own though. DancingNexus:D

kparks

Reaction score
I suggest you go to the store and mess around with a nexus. See if it really is something you can hang onto for that many years.

Agreed but if ur not going to root and rom id stick with the razr but if u go to the store play with the rezound also its a really nice phone..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

honors21

Reaction score
If it comes down to the os the razr well get it a few months from now it's first in line to get the ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

RacingManiac

Reaction score
IMO if you got Razr you might as well hang on to it....it'll get ICS eventually and aside from the screen resolution you are not losing out too much aside from the stock Google experience. If you root and ROM, there is even less reason to switch for switching sake...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agreed but if ur not going to root and rom id stick with the razr but if u go to the store play with the rezound also its a really nice phone..

Nothing wrong with stock. Stock is beautiful and way more user friendly than previous versions. If I wasn't such a nerd I'm sure I would've kept it stock and been just as happy.:p

Now that I think about it I'm running Android Revolution which is pretty much stock. I love it, but also have access to apps that require root :hail:

Reaction score
IMO if you got Razr you might as well hang on to it....it'll get ICS eventually and aside from the screen resolution you are not losing out too much aside from the stock Google experience. If you root and ROM, there is even less reason to switch for switching sake...

given moto's VERY checkered past with software updates, i wouldn't count on ICS coming to the razr within the next millennium, and when it does it'll be a cluster bomb. let's not forgot the bionic update debacle, or the gingerbread update to their half dozen older droid phones recently that caused so many issues moto pulled back the update....:eek:

if it does eventually get ICS, it'll be a half assed experience for sure....what's to become of the bottom menu key?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
given moto's VERY checkered past with software updates, i wouldn't count on ICS coming to the razr within the next millennium, and when it does it'll be a cluster bomb. let's not forgot the bionic update debacle, or the gingerbread update to their half dozen older droid phones recently that caused so many issues moto pulled back the update....:eek:

if it does eventually get ICS, it'll be a half assed experience for sure....what's to become of the bottom menu key?
Yes moto has been horrible with updates, but they did say in Q1 of 2012:p

As for their hardware buttons, ICS will not have software buttons on those types of devices. Knowing Moto, they'll put their UI over ICS and it will relatively feel the same as current versions, that's what I predict at least and that's why I got a Nexus.

sfierro

Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. After all things considered, it came down to one thing. New "DROID" phones come out every couple months, while there's only one Nexus a year, direct from the Google gods themselves.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I got the razr for christmas. It is my first smart phone and i like it. Not much too complain about besides the battery, but i know that is expected with 4G. Didn't know much about the galaxy nexus when I get the razr, but it seems like that is the phone to get. I feel like the only reason i haven't traded in for the nexus is because "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". but idk...seems like the nexus will be the better phone 1-2 years from now. I have untill jan 15th to decide and would appreciate any input between the two.

Thanks!

I had a Bionic which is very similar to the Razr and just got the GNex. I liked the Bionic, but my girl had an upgrade, so I gave her my Bionic and got the Nexus. It was a good move I think.

I think you should return the Razr and get the Nexus if you can. It's noticeably better IMO.

kparks

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with stock. Stock is beautiful and way more user friendly than previous versions. If I wasn't such a nerd I'm sure I would've kept it stock and been just as happy.:p

Now that I think about it I'm running Android Revolution which is pretty much stock. I love it, but also have access to apps that require root :hail:

Well stock the razr and rezound are better phones the rezound hands down other than ics its got better specs imo.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well stock the razr and rezound are better phones the rezound hands down other than ics its got better specs imo.

specs are only half of the story, imo. Specs may not be as good as the rezound, but I'd take my Nexus over it anyway.

doctordilly

Reaction score
Specs are definitely secondary to a reliable data connection IMHO. Rezound ftw; Nexus=epic fail of Samsung proportions :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums