The speaker / volume on the GN is a deal breaker...

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea the paid version of volume plus seems to be doing the trick. Only if we can have Google or whoever to reimburse us for the needless cost.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

The free app works.... why would you buy it....download link is in this thread a few pages back. Just return the paid and use the one from the dev.....unless u need the additional features

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Sent some money to the developers. At first I thought it wasn't working but apparently I installed the wrong app.

+1 thumbs up for Volume+ from Android Audio Hacks

pego99

Reaction score
This problem is easily solved.

Android Audio Hacks

that's the devlopers site. Download the .apk. Copy onto your phone. Make sure you have "unknown sources" checked so you can install it. I used root explorer but use whatever you use to install programs. Goto file, install, click on speaker selection, check off "+3" on volume level for speaker.

Done.

And even if this wasn't fixable, it'd be so far from a deal breaker it's laughable.

I tried this app and it did nothing. My problem is very low audio on netflix. I think audio plus needs a phone running non stock roms. Is this suppost to work with stock rom and non rooted phones? I intend to root the phone after a simple root comes out. My ring tones were also very quiet but I installed a loud phone ringer file in the phone and now the ring is loud. But the netflix problem is annoying. What is the possibility that this may not be fixable?

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I tried this app and it did nothing. My problem is very low audio on netflix. I think audio plus needs a phone running non stock roms. Is this suppost to work with stock rom and non rooted phones? I intend to root the phone after a simple root comes out. My ring tones were also very quiet but I installed a loud phone ringer file in the phone and now the ring is loud. But the netflix problem is annoying. What is the possibility that this may not be fixable?

you may want to try the paid version of you are rooted. There are lots of tweaks you can do for different parts of the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Abs

Reaction score
Refusing to pay a buck and a half to turn a great $650 phone into a spectacular phone makes me laugh. I realize its just the principle but come onnn :) at least buy the app and lie about it people

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

thehogsters

Reaction score
So i dl the volume+ and it works BUT my speakers sound like crap! What settings are you guys on?
I tried a call with the speaker last night and it was the worst. I love this phone but starting to think the speakers are complet junk.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Refusing to pay a buck and a half to turn a great $650 phone into a spectacular phone makes me laugh. I realize its just the principle but come onnn :) at least buy the app and lie about it people

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

The developer allows free download from source. Many devs do this including setcpu. Why throw money away.

ice456789

Reaction score
Paying taxes is throwing money away, supporting devs is not. JMO

Briankbl

Reaction score
The developer allows free download from source. Many devs do this including setcpu. Why throw money away.

Why not support the dev that put the work in to give you this useful app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I had the same complaint about the speaker when I first got the phone. I had the volume all the way up and it still did not play loud. I am wondering if the software was getting adjusted. But now my speaker is louder then it was originally. Now the Headphones that came with the Nexus stinks. I am using my own JVC headphones and my music sounds great.