The speaker / volume on the GN is a deal breaker...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Are all of you guys buying the full version if the Volume+ app? The free version does help a bit but is limited.

I know the full version is only $1.62, but I don't really want to have to buy an app to fix this issue...

I bought the paid version and have the volume set at plus 11 right now. Speaker sounds wonderful and on par with the og.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
I know the full version is only $1.62, but I don't really want to have to buy an app to fix this issue...

I'm with you, I don't think I should have to pay money to fix a software volume issue. Sounds like they know about the issue and I would expect a fix soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Briankbl

Reaction score
Another +1 for Volume+! Thanks for that!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
D

doublevalley

Reaction score
Yeah the speaker preset volume is rediculous but with the volume+ app mentioned above, I now have the volume as loud as my og and it sounds great. No popping and no cracking. If u get the app I suggest setting it around 10 to 12. Anyways my opinion I would not hold out on getting this phone cause of the volume. There's ways around it.

I just tried volume+ and maybe I did something wrong but it did absolutely nothing to improve the volume level for me. I'm just running stock and not rooted or anything. I stopped by the Verizon store played around with the Rezound. Although it's thicker than the GN, it's a really nice feeling phone. But boy is Sense and all that bloatware a tough pill to swallow compared to the svelte GN and pure ICS.

Decisions, decisions...

Big Ry

Reaction score
I just bought my GN. I had a D2 and D1 before. While its not as loud as the moto devices, the GN isn't THAT bad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wil318466

Reaction score
This problem is easily solved.

Android Audio Hacks

that's the devlopers site. Download the .apk. Copy onto your phone. Make sure you have "unknown sources" checked so you can install it. I used root explorer but use whatever you use to install programs. Goto file, install, click on speaker selection, check off "+3" on volume level for speaker.

Done.

And even if this wasn't fixable, it'd be so far from a deal breaker it's laughable.

natezire71

Reaction score
This problem is easily solved.

Android Audio Hacks

that's the devlopers site. Download the .apk. Copy onto your phone. Make sure you have "unknown sources" checked so you can install it. I used root explorer but use whatever you use to install programs. Goto file, install, click on speaker selection, check off "+3" on volume level for speaker.

Done.

And even if this wasn't fixable, it'd be so far from a deal breaker it's laughable.

What's the difference between this and the other app?

Sent from my GNexus

coverton341

Reaction score
I also got the app from the developers website. Free beats a dollar sixty any day.

Sent via pixie dust, blasted through a Galaxy Nexus

PhishyKris

Reaction score
This phone has only been out for 2 days. I am not doing anything to it just yet. I expect several updates in the next month. until then everything about the phone is livable. I am curious to see what Seidio and other have in store for 3000mAh batts. 1850 is going to be a challenge.