GN camera (Gizmodo review)

eagle923

Reaction score
Did anyone inspect the pictures carefully in the Giz review? The detail is quite a bit less than the other phones (not a HUGE problem since most people just view it on small screens anyways) but the color reproduction and focus seem to be terrible in many shots. Is this something likely to be fixed via software updates or is the camera just plain bad?

I, like many, rarely carry a camera anymore due to my phone having a good one. A bad camera on this will be a dealbreaker coupled with the reportedly low volume speaker (I use speakerphone daily).

If its just a software fix, then its still game on for the GN.

OP
eagle923

eagle923

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't realize the other review thread was all about the camera. Delete this or lock it so it drops please :)

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Did anyone inspect the pictures carefully in the Giz review? The detail is quite a bit less than the other phones (not a HUGE problem since most people just view it on small screens anyways) but the color reproduction and focus seem to be terrible in many shots. Is this something likely to be fixed via software updates or is the camera just plain bad?

I, like many, rarely carry a camera anymore due to my phone having a good one. A bad camera on this will be a dealbreaker coupled with the reportedly low volume speaker (I use speakerphone daily).

If its just a software fix, then its still game on for the GN.

You might want to take a look at these from Engadget. I truly believe there was something off with Gizmodo's review unit. The camera isn't the best, but it's decent.

Galaxy Nexus sample shots - Engadget Galleries