"Galaxy Nexus Tip/Trick - Improve Low Speaker Volume"

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Sorry to hear some folks that bought the app are having problems or it does not work for them. The first time I made adjustments I thought the same thing. I decided to try 1 more time early in the morning when my ears have not been corrupted all day long from background noise and the application definitely works on the nexus. I have the paid version.

mightybrick

Reaction score
To those who have used this, have you noticed any detrimental effects with regards to music quality after using this to increase the ringer volume? I thought I may have read somewhere that this could adversely affect music.
Also, does it increase notification volume as well, or only the ringer?

gloveman

Reaction score
It says right in the description. A Cyanogen Mod 7 or MIUI ROM is HIGHLY recommended. Running this app on a stock ROM/Kernel may result in it not working. PLEASE don't comment or rate badly if you are on a stock ROM as this is most likely the problem.

Also says, This application is only for phones running Gingerbread.

I tried it too, but didn't notice any difference. Read the description an realized why. So, what I don't get is how it is working for others? When it plainly states it's not for this operating system. Hmmm

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To those who have used this, have you noticed any detrimental effects with regards to music quality after using this to increase the ringer volume? I thought I may have read somewhere that this could adversely affect music.
Also, does it increase notification volume as well, or only the ringer?

Music is not effected by this app. Music is controlled by musicFX.apk. you can switch it to volume plus in settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nubby

Reaction score
It says right in the description. A Cyanogen Mod 7 or MIUI ROM is HIGHLY recommended. Running this app on a stock ROM/Kernel may result in it not working. PLEASE don't comment or rate badly if you are on a stock ROM as this is most likely the problem.

Also says, This application is only for phones running Gingerbread.

I tried it too, but didn't notice any difference. Read the description an realized why. So, what I don't get is how it is working for others? When it plainly states it's not for this operating system. Hmmm

Running stock. Works great for me. My version does look different than the video though. v1.8.0.5
Big difference, now I can hear my notifications / ringers!

imaudi

Reaction score
Running stock. Works great for me. My version does look different than the video though. v1.8.0.5
Big difference, now I can hear my notifications / ringers!

Are you on the paid version? if not could you send the APK over to us so we can try that version? lmk thanks

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh...it's because somehow this is the paid for version.

Its the version that the dev allows you download free from source site but also has paid on the market I believe.

busab

Reaction score
I'm running it on my nexus. Works great! Very noticeable difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bccsrc

Reaction score
May as well make this a Sticky until VZW gets their act together... Just Sayin. :icon_ banana:

I'm running the stock ROM on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but using this on level 8 seems to work better. It says to be careful, but it doesn't seem like it could hurt the speaker.

gloveman

Reaction score
http://db.tt/Jd1TVzgj

Ok I just downloaded this version (free paid version from dev site) and I am thinking that there is a difference. I tried the free version from the market, but couldn't really hear a difference. Don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but my ringtone seems to be louder. Anyone else?

Both the free and the paid versions say they are only compatible with Gingerbread? No way to update since the app wasn't actually purchased?