Verizon Set to Alter their Upgrade Policy

Beka27

Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference to me between their "New Every 2" program and just getting a new phone every two years when my contract is up?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
So my wifes phone is eligible on feb 4th(20 months) for an upgrade,shes been limping her POS dieing phone until that day...now she cant get one until June--full 24 months,even though everytime i log into myverizon,it says eligable on feb 4th? How can they offer something,then take it away? Looks like sprint may be in our future if this is the case...

I don't think you're reading it right. I believe what it is saying is that at twenty months forward out of twenty-four you can get the early upgrade. Just not from months thirteen until twenty anymore. They are extending the period. If you have a twenty four month contract, you should be due for a reduced price early upgrade at thirteen months until this change carries through. So basically, you should be eligible now if you are at twenty months.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference to me between their "New Every 2" program and just getting a new phone every two years when my contract is up?

NE2 is a program that every 24 months shoudl you not have upgraded that line you can get an additional amount off of the cost of your next phone.

So every 2 years my main line is not upgraded I get an additional $100 off on my next phone on top of their promotional offers. So when the Droid X was 199 with new 2 year contract I could get it for 99 instead....

soulpatch

Reaction score
So my wifes phone is eligible on feb 4th(20 months) for an upgrade,shes been limping her POS dieing phone until that day...now she cant get one until June--full 24 months,even though everytime i log into myverizon,it says eligable on feb 4th? How can they offer something,then take it away? Looks like sprint may be in our future if this is the case...im not even going to tell her....I dont have the heart.... I sure hope this is a bad joke or were grandfathered....

You would be elegible in Feb though if you call them this month they will most likely let you upgrade this month AND if you do so before this new plan takes effect you will get one more upgrade slightly early as well...

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now something that no one here that I have seen or on Android Central have said is how this is worded. Look at it again.. "Begining Jan 16th customers will be eliginble for promotional pricing as well as special offers that we make available." Then it goes to say that the other two programs are being retired. So.. seeing as I am one of those that was looking for the the INC HD back in November I tend to speculate.. Does this mean that they WILL offer something else?? Only time will tell.. Just wanted to throw that out there.. Anyone else reading that like I am or am I just feeding the rumor mills of the good ol forum? :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Now something that no one here that I have seen or on Android Central have said is how this is worded. Look at it again.. "Begining Jan 16th customers will be eliginble for promotional pricing as well as special offers that we make available." Then it goes to say that the other two programs are being retired. So.. seeing as I am one of those that was looking for the the INC HD back in November I tend to speculate.. Does this mean that they WILL offer something else?? Only time will tell.. Just wanted to throw that out there.. Anyone else reading that like I am or am I just feeding the rumor mills of the good ol forum? :)

It's really hard to say. They've gotten good at rather "vague" wording.

Neutrino

Reaction score

I've noticed that as well. Beggars can't be choosers. Most times I discount offers such as that as marketing rhetoric. The annual upgrade deal was a very solid, well defined program. Something is indeed lurking behind the scenes at VZW...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have always waited the full twenty but 7/6/2011 seems like an eternity away -

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much more does a yearly contact cost over the two year?
Most times I think it is $100.. which unless they have something else to offer this is the way I am going.. New devices are usually $199 with 2 year and $299 with one year, but you can always find them through amazon, wirefly, best buy, etc.. for almost nothing so the extra $100 would be no more then getting a 2 year contract with verizon but getting the one year price..

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Its not bad at all. Kinda like this new plan actually. Mmaybe now I can enjoy my phone for a couple years instead of constantly looking to upgrade. I will save tons of money too! :D

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
So my wifes phone is eligible on feb 4th(20 months) for an upgrade,shes been limping her POS dieing phone until that day...now she cant get one until June--full 24 months,even though everytime i log into myverizon,it says eligable on feb 4th? How can they offer something,then take it away? Looks like sprint may be in our future if this is the case...im not even going to tell her....I dont have the heart.... I sure hope this is a bad joke or were grandfathered....

You would be elegible in Feb though if you call them this month they will most likely let you upgrade this month AND if you do so before this new plan takes effect you will get one more upgrade slightly early as well...

Thank you to those who replied.... and for this advice...we have tried to upgrade repeatedly,they will not budge on the date of 2/4. They ruined her good D1 with a bad OTA update,that bricked the phone...sent us a "refurb",and another..and another...etc.... this hasnt been good....I love the android platform,but am scared to death tp take any OTA update..I do not want to lose my phone and be forced to take a refurb Piece of crap...We learned our lesson,only 1 year contracts from now on...technology is changing too fast for a smartphone anyway...and will all the stuff they do,they just wont last 2 years in normal to heavy use without some repair or reconditioning...and I dont want one out of warranty...does anyone know if his affects the master acct on a family plan that gets an upgrade annually at the semi annual price?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just one second here! Who do you think you are throwing in some common sense and positive view points in a thread designed to get everyone excited, angry, and upset.;)

This reminds me of all the negative posting everyone made when it came out that Verizon would have tiered data plans. People need to chill out and get the facts straight. So far all I see is speculation.