Verizon Lowering Return Time To 14 Days

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... anyone think Verizon will be able to offer insurance for the iPhone?

I don't think they will.

I can't fathom shelling out the money and not being able to insure the device...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why would you even want an iphone over a droid?

I don't, and it wasn't an question about what device.... it was regarding VZW's insurance and if you thought it would be available for that device.

Beka27

Reaction score

I don't think they will.

I can't fathom shelling out the money and not being able to insure the device...

Why won't they insure it? How much is retail for iPhone? Is it that much more than the $600 Droids?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't think they will.

Why won't they insure it? How much is retail for iPhone? Is it that much more than the $600 Droids?

the iPhone is not allowed to have insurance on AT&T... and that has to do with Apple... just wondering if anyone thought it'd be any different on VZW.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score

I don't think they will.

Why on earth wouldn't they be able to? There are several companies that offer insurance on iPhones. I doubt they have a magic formula that can't be duplicated by Verizon's current insurance partners.

Droid187

Reaction score
You obviously dont understand how apple works sometimes. lol If they are allowing Verizon to carry the iphone I assure you it will be under Apple's rules and regulations. Even something as easy as offering insurance, if Apple says no then thats that.

I don't think they will.

Why on earth wouldn't they be able to? There are several companies that offer insurance on iPhones. I doubt they have a magic formula that can't be duplicated by Verizon's current insurance partners.

Emmexx

Reaction score
Combine this with the rumor/fact of Verizon changing the upgrade time to 2 yr from 1 and it appears the only thing Verizon wants to do is take away from their subscribers. Couple those with no release date on new high end devices and Verizon looks like it is going backwards in terms of Customer relations and becoming stale in regards to handsets. Maybe only my opinion, but I believe it to be valid.

Let's say that this Forum is 1% of all users. I have no idea if that's true or not but let's just say that it is.

From what I've seen in regards to people deliberately returning perfectly good phones for no reason what so ever, I can understand why they made the change in policy.

On the other hand however, I am a person who on two occasions has exchanged a phone beyond the 14 day period. So I can understand why Verizon did it, yet I also see how for some people it may take beyond two weeks.

I can agree as to reasons why they changed the policy. However, as both of these changes (30 day to 14 day and 2yr to 1yr) do not benefit the consumer, I see it as giving the impression of removing benefits to the consumer, or, for that matter, in gaining new customers. If Verizon decides to do Tier levels for data usage where other companies have none, I can see public perception, not just those of us here, as seeing Verizon in a much more negative light, regardless of Verizon's reasoning.

Reaction score
People keep saying that they are changing the upgrade policy like every line had the option to get a 1 year upgrade.

In fact it was only primary lines with a price plan above 49.99 that were eligible for those. Actually, a very small portion of customers in my experience are even aware of the annual option and balk at the $20 service fee it entails.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People keep saying that they are changing the upgrade policy like every line had the option to get a 1 year upgrade.

In fact it was only primary lines with a price plan above 49.99 that were eligible for those. Actually, a very small portion of customers in my experience are even aware of the annual option and balk at the $20 service fee it entails.

This is very true! Not everybody has to have a new phone every two years.

Emmexx

Reaction score

This is very true! Not everybody has to have a new phone every two years.

Absolutely correct. However, most folks that I know with smartphones fall into this category. It was of these people I was speaking. My apologies for not being more clear in my reasoning. It was unintentional.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
You obviously dont understand how apple works sometimes. lol If they are allowing Verizon to carry the iphone I assure you it will be under Apple's rules and regulations. Even something as easy as offering insurance, if Apple says no then thats that.

I don't think they will.

That's why when the iPhone originally came to Verizon and said hey we want you to sell this they said no .. too many stipulations .. now with jobs saying it was a mistake not going with Verizon in the first place maybe apple lightened up on the demands .. apple just started offering insurance on the iPhone and I believe its through them and not asurion .. we'll see what happens with Verizon ..

Reaction score
Well you can thank the people who abuse it.
:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

droidkevlar

Reaction score

I don't think they will.

the iPhone is not allowed to have insurance on AT&T... and that has to do with Apple... just wondering if anyone thought it'd be any different on VZW.

I handle our AT&T account at work for the i*hone and with the new i*hone 4's, you can add it but its something like 8.99 or 10.99 a month and $100 deductible. But if you use squaretrade.com, its $129 for 2yrs service and $50 deducible. Just doesnt cover lost or stolen. They are the best. I use it for all my droids here at home and when my wife has broken her phone, its no pain to get it fixed.

Emmexx

Reaction score
Well you can thank the people who abuse it.
:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

That's a fair point. However, it would be quite easy for Verizon to allow anyone with a contract in good standing to have a one year updgrade. The same goes for the return policy. Any subscriber/customer in good stading for a year could still have the 30 day return policy. As it stands, it appears Verizon isn't even trying.