Verizon's 'Certified Like New Program' Warranty Exchange Gets New Stricter Policies

cardinal82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
From what a friend of who is a tech support supervisor with VZW told me is that this is all about revenue. Before this policy change the warranty process was budget neutral for VZW, the manufacturer of the device reimbursed them for the warranty claim. VZW is not content with that though and they have now decided that the warranty process will be a revenue generator. Its all about the money.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what a friend of who is a tech support supervisor with VZW told me is that this is all about revenue. Before this policy change the warranty process was budget neutral for VZW, the manufacturer of the device reimbursed them for the warranty claim. VZW is not content with that though and they have now decided that the warranty process will be a revenue generator. Its all about the money.

it's all about the money!!!! You're kidding me. A company during "hard economic times." Those inhumane companies. ;)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

it's all about the money!!!! You're kidding me. A company during "hard economic times." Those inhumane companies. ;)
Any company looking to make money - what a concept!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Errr I just filed for another CLNR & they didn't ask me anything about the condition of my phone.

jayman350

Reaction score
Errr I just filed for another CLNR & they didn't ask me anything about the condition of my phone.

really? Wow, any time I have called in for a CLNR they have given me the 3rd degree on just about every aspect of the phone. I have had 3 replacements since December, two sent back for USB port issues, and one for the headphone jack having issues. The latest one I have is going well, no issues for over two months.

Beka27

Reaction score

This worries me. Before, they had NO INCENTIVE to take back physically blemished phones. Now they have a $300 incentive. :icon_eek:

jseah

Reaction score

This worries me. Before, they had NO INCENTIVE to take back physically blemished phones. Now they have a $300 incentive. :icon_eek:

I can't believe after almost two weeks people still don't get it. They're not going to reject a return simply because you have a scratch on it. They will reject the return and charge you the $300 fee if the phone shows obvious signs of abuse. If your phone has a scratch on it because your keys rubbed against it in your pocket or purse, they're not going to bill you. But if the phone looks like it got thrown against the wall repeatedly or it looks like you used it as a replacement street hockey puck, then they will.

Just like if you look at a kid with a skinned knee, you think the kid obviously fell while playing. But if the same kid has a black eye, broken nose and broken arm, and black and blues all over his body, then you will think the kid was obviously abused.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well this is my second CLNR & all they asked was what was wrong with my current set just like last time. My current D1 is quite banged up but I'm not worried about it.

jseah

Reaction score
I blame the original blogger who wrote that piece and got it quoted all over the internet. And we all know that if it appears on the internet, then it must be true. He obviously has the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well they just sent me a text saying that they received my phone so I guess I'll find out soon enough if they charge me. Hopefully the people who said it's only about abuse are right.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Chinoskii

Reaction score
So it seems like you had no problem with your replacement. Time for me to because my phone is acting up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I just had to request another CLNR & they transferred me to a tier 2 tech support for no reason other then to read this policy to me. He even said that upon receiving the divice if it is found to have damage from misuse or neglect pictures would be taken & emailed to me. Weird.