[Updated] Verizon To Officially Reveal Tiered Data Plans July 7th; Plans Leaked Below

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tiered data with Verizon is super expensive! Glad I am grandfathered...

sent from my ApeX

flashjh

Reaction score
My friend in Denver has DSL that is 10 up / 40 down. I have visited over the last six months and it's always that fast when I test it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
so nothing new with shared data?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

brybe

Reaction score
I renew my contract in 2 years from now, will I get unlimited data? Or is this grandfathering thing only for a limited time?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
But seriously, now that some of us can get the unlimited tethering I really dont understand the Verizon logic. Im sure there are going to be allot of pissed off people who cant get the unlimited because they didnt have a 4G phone before today...

Good points, but is it really all that different from grandfathering people on an unlimited plan?

I had a quick debate over whether to grab a 4G phone to get unlimited tethering, and potentially dropping my home ISP. However, besides figuring they would throttle after 5-10gigs, I just got a special 12-month bundle that was too cheap (and twice as fast as LTE) to consider $30 a month extra to tether.

I average 5 up and 20 down on my local 4G network. So youre telling me you get 10 up and 40 down?...

Aha, I was curious how fast 4g actually was...right now at home I average 2-2.5 down and .8 upload on 3g with my D1 with a faster data hack on it lol...can't wait for 4g though...I'm guessing it'll be here before too too long...Youngstown OH should be big enough to get it before too long, right?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I renew my contract in 2 years from now, will I get unlimited data? Or is this grandfathering thing only for a limited time?

Call them and ask...now that the tiered data plans are actually out they should know and actually be able to tell ya

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea

I was told I would be grandfathered in & that was just 20 mins ago, I don't expire until april & it covers any new 4g phone or if I stayb with my OG Droid. But what I want to know is this... will my customer loyality discount still count?