Verizon 4G LTE Unlimited Data Customers Can Get Separate $30 Unlimited Tethering

anewday

Reaction score
I have. 3g MiFi, question can I talk and use the data at the same time? I suspect no but I want to be sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
You should be able to since the phone will use the Wifi and not the 3G radio.

N4UPD

Reaction score
One other question. When looking on my verizon at my data usage I don't see where Verizon seperates data from my phone and my 4g hotspot data. Do they usually show those seperate or all in the unlimited data pool? I supposed to have unlimited data and unlimited tethering but just wanted to know If Verizon seperates them.I looked on my verizon but did not see any tethering data usage.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have what may be a dumb question but I am allowed to use the 4g hotspot in a 3g area right because I don't have 4g coverage yet at my home?

I don't believe you will have unlimited tether in 3G...TMo, or maybe Sprint, allows unlimited on WiMax but 3G is capped. Probably why VZW has a different price for LTE tether and is allowing unlimited. Someone will have to check, but I don't think you can tether unlimited on 3G. If your home coverage area doesn't have LTE I doubt you can even sign-up for it.

anewday

Reaction score
I have what may be a dumb question but I am allowed to use the 4g hotspot in a 3g area right because I don't have 4g coverage yet at my home?

I don't believe you will have unlimited tether in 3G...TMo, or maybe Sprint, allows unlimited on WiMax but 3G is capped. Probably why VZW has a different price for LTE tether and is allowing unlimited. Someone will have to check, but I don't think you can tether unlimited on 3G. If your home coverage area doesn't have LTE I doubt you can even sign-up for it.

Negative. You cqn still sign up for 4g and still use the unlimited hotspot in 3g areas.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Negative. You cqn still sign up for 4g and still use the unlimited hotspot in 3g areas.

really? I was under the impression you sign-up for data, and you get LTEif you have a 4G phone and service in your area. Someone needs to read the fine print because I think it's Sprint that gives you unlimited 4G tether but you are capped in a 3G area.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

really? I was under the impression you sign-up for data, and you get LTEif you have a 4G phone and service in your area. Someone needs to read the fine print because I think it's Sprint that gives you unlimited 4G tether but you are capped in a 3G area.

I remember the same thing with Sprint, but I haven't checked their site lately.

KKDV

Reaction score
I asked when I signed up. They said it has nothing to do with the network, and the only thing that matters is that you have a 4G phone, so yes the unlimited tether includes 3G. That came from the supervisor that signed me up.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification guys.I can go ahead and use the hotspot until 4g gets here but 4g is in the next county below me so I can play with 4g once in a while.

KiRyah

Reaction score
Ok so I dumped Sprint and went with Verizon. I was told by the lying little troll that worked at Verizon that I would get unlimited Tethering just like Sprint. I use a ton of data for Video editing and for songs that I share with my other band members. I have been with Verizon since June 7th this year. So now I have to pay an additional $30.00 a month to use something that I got for FREE with Sprint?

I wish I had the money to cancel and switch back! I am not happy with Verizon at all! The area that I live in I am constantly switching between 1x and 3G. They don't even offer 4G where I live. At least with Sprint I ALWAYS got 3G. :(

Do you think that all carriers will be charging their customers to Tether?

jseah

Reaction score
Ok so I dumped Sprint and went with Verizon. I was told by the lying little troll that worked at Verizon that I would get unlimited Tethering just like Sprint. I use a ton of data for Video editing and for songs that I share with my other band members. I have been with Verizon since June 7th this year. So now I have to pay an additional $30.00 a month to use something that I got for FREE with Sprint?

I wish I had the money to cancel and switch back! I am not happy with Verizon at all! The area that I live in I am constantly switching between 1x and 3G. They don't even offer 4G where I live. At least with Sprint I ALWAYS got 3G. :(

Do you think that all carriers will be charging their customers to Tether?

Uh, unless you are grandfathered with Sprint, they also charge an extra $30 a month to add tethering as well.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I have been paying $29.95/month for my smart phone data plan and just recently upgraded my MiFi 2200 data modem to 10gb for $80/month (I previously paid $59.95 for 5gb).

The $29.95 for unlimited data tethering sounds like a good deal to me.

The only drawback is you cannot talk on the phone and use data at the same time like you can with a separate data modem.

Just have to wait for a good 4g phone. Maybe the Bionic? A little over 3 weeks to go!

KKDV

Reaction score
Actually, as long as you are in 4G, you can talk and use data at the same time.

As far as Sprint goes, don't you pay $30/month to tether, and only 4G (which is slower than Verizon) is the only unlimited network? Isn't 3G still limited to 2GB?

Personally, I think this unlimited hotspot for $30 is great, especially with how fast LTE is.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums