Verizon 4G LTE Unlimited Data Customers Can Get Separate $30 Unlimited Tethering

soondolee

Reaction score
i just called vw and got the unlimited hotspot...rep had to search for it...and i had to keep telling her about this plan exist...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
Looks like you will have to call in to actually get it. This evening I logged into My Verizon and went into the features page to add new features. The $30 unlimited tethering did not appear as an option. Instead it showed 2GB as an option, but for $30 instead of $20. I'm pretty sure that this is probably a bug in their webpage.

Also, FWIW, it looks like I am still getting free unlimited hotspot on the Thunderbolt. My son went onto his mom's Thunderbolt this afternoon and turned on the mobile hotspot. He said that the message showed that it was still free and did not prompt him to add a paid hotspot feature. Sure enough, when I logged into My Verizon earlier and looked at my wife's line, it does not show any paid hotspot feature on the line.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Encouraging...

Sent From My OC'd Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

papapena25

Reaction score
OK let me get this strait. I have a droid x with the $29. unlimited data plan. I also have the $20 2gb mobile hotspot plan. Can I switch to the $30 unlimited mobile hotspot now or do I have to wait till I get a 4g smartphone?

jseah

Reaction score
OK let me get this strait. I have a droid x with the $29. unlimited data plan. I also have the $20 2gb mobile hotspot plan. Can I switch to the $30 unlimited mobile hotspot now or do I have to wait till I get a 4g smartphone?

The $30 unlimited is only an option for 4G phones. You would have to switch to 4G.

ARorlando

Reaction score
Whoo Hoo!!! I got the $30 Unlimited 4G LTE HotSpot. I had to talk the agent into looking into more promotions, but she did and found it. She admitted that it was quite new.

I was quite nervous about not having it as previous agents (store/phone) kept telling me it would not be available. I kinda want to go back into the store and tell them to "suck it", but that would be childish, and I may need a favor in the future.

Now, I need to get a couple of extended batteries.

Thank you to the members of this forum.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn... I need to get a 4G phone now... does anybody know if this is just a limited time thing?

Really stupid though on Verizon's part. They have a fit about tethering and bandwidth saying it will clog their network and then they offer 4G unlimited tethering...

sent from my ApeX

TheOldFart

Reaction score

The $30 unlimited is only an option for 4G phones. You would have to switch to 4G.

But didn't you have to have a 4G phone before yesterday (July 7)? The Droid X or any other 3G phone wouldn't qualify, would it? For instance, you couldn't have a 3G phone now and then get the unlimited tether when you get the Bionic on August 4?

Detonation

Reaction score
Damn... I need to get a 4G phone now... does anybody know if this is just a limited time thing?

Really stupid though on Verizon's part. They have a fit about tethering and bandwidth saying it will clog their network and then they offer 4G unlimited tethering...

sent from my ApeX

I don't think it was about bandwidth and slowing down the network, but rather people getting services for free that Verizon charges for.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Read tweets on post #72 on page 8

Thanks. I missed that. Great news. Now if it just stays that way until I get 4G here next year. I guess I could get the Bionic next month, even if I don't have 4G yet, as one of the places I travel to has 4G now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

sent from my ApeX

I don't think it was about bandwidth and slowing down the network, but rather people getting services for free that Verizon charges for.

I tether a little bit, like when I need to print something, or sometimes to play Goldeneye for Wii online.

But Goldeneye uses very little data. I could play for hours and use only 50 MB.

sent from my ApeX

delcopa

Reaction score
They definitely don't want to tell you about this option, but after talking to a manager, I got my unlimited plan and my corporate discount also applies to the cost. This is a pretty sweet deal.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

I just called and they checked with the supervisor and they said they know nothing about an unlimited plan for 30 actually said they have no unlimited options at all for tethering. Go figure

Took them forever to find it but they did indeed find it. Keep calling until you get someone compitent...

THANKS! After about 5 calls finally I just go someone that found it. Things I said that might help someone else.....I said I have a Tbolt and that the free hotspot expired and I saw a post from Verizon on twitter that if you had the unlimited data 29.95 plan prior to the cut off of the free hotspot that you qualify for the $30 4G hotspot. After looking he found it rather quickly and I am now live and unlimited.

markgam

Reaction score
I have. 3g MiFi, question can I talk and use the data at the same time? I suspect no but I want to be sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
I have what may be a dumb question but I am allowed to use the 4g hotspot in a 3g area right because I don't have 4g coverage yet at my home?