Verizon to Debut New Data Plans on October 28th

psuHopp

Reaction score
I don't own a Android phone yet....I'm in the shopping phase and joined these forums to get information...

This is a very interesting bit of news. Out of curiosity, how much would you need to use your phone to go over the 150MB limit? I know if you are using it to stream content (music, video, etc) you'll use alot and most likely go over. And I know usage amount depends on the user, but for someone who has never used a mobile device, how much would you need to use your phone to go over the 150MB limit?

I guess worst case, when I do decide on a phone, I can get the 15$ plan, and if I end up using it more than I expected...upgrade to unlimited. Thanks for any feedback.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There isn't a $15 plan for phones yet. :) It's $30 or nothing, and once you start using your phone you'll be glad for it if you're not always tied into a WiFi system.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first post says: Feature phone plans will now be $1.99/MB, $15 for 150MB/month, or $29.99 for unlimited data.

If you root your phone and download a rom directly to it that will suck up around 100mb right there. If you use your computer to download that rom and transfer it to your phone you have used up nothing. If you use wifi on your phone to connect to the internet through your computer you also have used no Verizon bandwidth. I'll stick with $30/mo.

My concern with the tablets would be the fact that they are bigger and more likely to be used for videos. Netflix + tablet + 3g = bankruptcy. You'd have to use wifi for that and would be very sorry if you forgot to toggle wifi on.

I also think eventually they will make an example out of someone for excess tethering and we'll see that in the news as a warning.