The Data drop out was at an all time worst today

WavelandAve

Reaction score
Gave me a new SIM card & a free month of data, so I'm good until next time it crashes.

*edit* data down in Omaha again most of day. Still no data after toggle airplane mode & factory reset. Im not even sure what to do anymore, hell everyone at my local VZW store knows me when i walk in..i might as well get a job there selling phones

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

s1l3nt

Reaction score
Droid Bugonic

I am already running the new .893......it isnt helping at all

and to be honest don't you think it is ridiculous that we would have to do that?

how in the hell did this phone make it out of Quality Assurance with this type of problem?

I'm running the 5.7.893 leaked update without root and I hardly ever experience the data drops. It happens may be once a week for about 5 seconds and then I get connection back right away. This is in a 3G only area though, so I can't speak for 4G drops.

The only thing that drives me insane is that this update does NOT fix the bluetooth stutter issues. My Motorola S305 headset has bluetooth sound quality/stutter issues when listening to music on it. I have actually filed a BBB complaint against VZW and they are letting me return the phone even after the 14 day period is over. I am not waiting another 3 months for the bluetooth issue to be fixed. Also, the phone STILL Randomly shuts off once in a while as well.

Also, I'm probably not getting the RAZR, it has the same exact issue as the Bionic as far as the data drops are concerned, the camera is just as bad and there is no removable battery. I'm actually going to try out Rezound, the only thing that I don't like about it is that it doesn't have an HDMI output, but it has an adapter for it: HTC AC M490 MHL to HDMI Adapter
Also, I've demanded a credit for my data charges on my bill for all the data drops I've experienced before I've applied that update, they've applied a credit, so If I were you I wouldn't get pushed around by Verizon, if you want something bad enough, climb up the ladder until you get it. No VZW or Motorola rep gave me the answer I was looking for so I'm now dealing with Verizon's Executive office, who is letting me return my Bionic past the 14 day mark.

I would suggest doing your research and if your phone sucks really bad, I would advise returning it at the 13 day mark or before so you don't have to deal with the crap I've been dealing with for the past month.

Anyone who wants to keep the Bugonic, good luck with it. I'll reply back once I get my Rezound, so far it has really good reviews.

AWRANIK31

Reaction score
tempoary fix

Okay. Huge techy guy at my verizon store did the following steps and its been fixed since then

Turn off data, turn off roaming, turn off backup data. Turn on airplane mode..turn off phone...pull battery
Pull sim and sd card wait 30 seconds.....put in sim and then sd then battery put phone back together. Turn
On phone...turn off airplane mode and then turn back on data, roaming and backup data.....and it works
I should say they Sid this to my phone 3 times till it worked but I have not had any data lost since they did
This 3 days ago.

Good luck!

gchave

Reaction score
I havent had data connection for almost 3 days now. Anyone else been having problems? I know the bionic drops its data every so often but this has been a steady 3 days with having to use wifi

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Okay. Huge techy guy at my verizon store did the following steps and its been fixed since then

Turn off data, turn off roaming, turn off backup data. Turn on airplane mode..turn off phone...pull battery
Pull sim and sd card wait 30 seconds.....put in sim and then sd then battery put phone back together. Turn
On phone...turn off airplane mode and then turn back on data, roaming and backup data.....and it works
I should say they Sid this to my phone 3 times till it worked but I have not had any data lost since they did
This 3 days ago.

Good luck!

Do we do these steps before or after we stand on our head for 24.6 seconds and bounce up and down like a dying fish?

stevo95

Reaction score

This 3 days ago.

Good luck!

Why did you have to do it three times? Did the data not work at all the first 2 times?

I am now at the point where I hate my phone, completely sick of its unreliability with data and GPS. I live by the GPS/maps and it has been so unreliable to the point I have almost stopped using it. Add to that the way the data drops all of the time and I just hate the damn thing. I have never had anything even close to this frustrating since my Treo 5 1/2 years ago. Since then I've owned the BB, OG Droid and now this piece of crap. So disappointed because I absolutely loved the speed of the thing when I first got it. I was so hyped when I got it, this was going to finally be the smartphone I had waited for since the days of using an HP Ipaq with BT tethering on a sony ericsson phone. Such a disappointment.

konellaz

Reaction score
Why did you have to do it three times? Did the data not work at all the first 2 times?

I am now at the point where I hate my phone, completely sick of its unreliability with data and GPS. I live by the GPS/maps and it has been so unreliable to the point I have almost stopped using it. Add to that the way the data drops all of the time and I just hate the damn thing. I have never had anything even close to this frustrating since my Treo 5 1/2 years ago. Since then I've owned the BB, OG Droid and now this piece of crap. So disappointed because I absolutely loved the speed of the thing when I first got it. I was so hyped when I got it, this was going to finally be the smartphone I had waited for since the days of using an HP Ipaq with BT tethering on a sony ericsson phone. Such a disappointment.

I'm so with you!!!! See my above thread

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think what's most upsetting about this is you're proof the leaked OTA doesn't fully fix the data drop issue...

yeah I'm rather pissed... I've tried th3ory stock purity shifter.... everything I can think of with the 5.7.893 and I am constantly losing data, in places my D2G had full 3g I'm lucky to get 1 bar... in places where I've had full four 4 I'm lucky to get 3g... reset connections and airplane mode doesn't fix it... a reboot does, but I'm tired of rebooting constantly... when I'm home and on wifi no problem.

I've stopped checking my email because I only get new ones at the end of the day when I get home.

on the bright side, my frakking battery is lasting forever because I NEVER HAVE A DAMN CONNECTION!!!!!!

sorry... >_> gonna see if best buy will switch me and my wife the the razr who knows.

konellaz

Reaction score
I have no 3g right now.. Not even forced cdma.. When on cdma/lte it bounces from one bar lte to one bar 1x to no service at all.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

I feel ya, I've been tired of using this phone, or rather not being able to use it. I've tried everything, it's sad when my old D2G worked better than this POS... and it had hardly any dev support.

I love 4g, when it works... it's not worked for the past three weeks... except very very rare occasions.

konellaz

Reaction score

konellaz

Reaction score
Stupid bionic.. Its losing signal so often out double posted half my post... Sooooo laaaaame!

Last edited by a moderator: