The Data drop out was at an all time worst today

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once you have a trouble ticket open with Verizon, they normally do real good at proactively communicating with you on a regular basis until the ticket is resolved... my experience anyway.

xmguy

Reaction score
Mine is so bad on the Bionic that I have a shortcut on the main home screen for the app Restart Data. I've heard that even the (yet unreleased) Razr also has data issues out of the box. What is Motorola doing!? Even with a better NEWER phone they can't fix data issues. I don't use nor even have 4G in my home area and the EV-DO drops more than I can keep track of. I wish I still had a EV-DO /1X phone only to use until Motorola fixes this issue.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is so bad on the Bionic that I have a shortcut on the main home screen for the app Restart Data. I've heard that even the (yet unreleased) Razr also has data issues out of the box. What is Motorola doing!? Even with a better NEWER phone they can't fix data issues. I don't use nor even have 4G in my home area and the EV-DO drops more than I can keep track of. I wish I still had a EV-DO /1X phone only to use until Motorola fixes this issue.

where were you hearing the Razr was having similar issues? Wouldn't be a huge surprise I guess, but would be interesting to see...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Was talking to a local Verizon guy yesterday, they are very frustrated with the Bionic woes. He basically fell on his sword and said please wait for the ota. He indicated that it is in test at Verizon, he's hoping for mid month. He said consumers are way to saavy to BS so why insult them with senseless work-arounds! Of all the BS I've listened to, gotta respect the kid! We had a great conversation about how good this device could be once the problems are resolved, which I whole heartedly agree with. I got the impression some of the status calls have been pretty lively lately. They are really concerned about the RAZR in the event they should experience similar angst given the level of interest that has been shown. We'll what the ota brings. Would not surprise me to see the ota closely follow the RAZR availability. Should be a lively few weeks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xmguy

Reaction score
where were you hearing the Razr was having similar issues? Wouldn't be a huge surprise I guess, but would be interesting to see...

From phone arena review.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jackbruce8

Reaction score
Droid bionic data drop is a major issue

I've had my Bionic for about a month and a half....love it...but the data drop is driving me insane....Motorola claims it is a network issue....Verizon says there is a fix coming soon, but we are all paying full price and not getting email, maps, FB, ...anything that requires the internet, and it is getting old...The only way I can get my data connection back is to do a battery pull. There should be some kind of credit for not getting full service. The other day, I realized that I didn't receive emails for 10 hours. When I pulled the battery, I got 95 EMAILS all at once. NOT GOOD VERIZON....

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic for about a month and a half....love it...but the data drop is driving me insane....Motorola claims it is a network issue....Verizon says there is a fix coming soon, but we are all paying full price and not getting email, maps, FB, ...anything that requires the internet, and it is getting old...The only way I can get my data connection back is to do a battery pull. There should be some kind of credit for not getting full service. The other day, I realized that I didn't receive emails for 10 hours. When I pulled the battery, I got 95 EMAILS all at once. NOT GOOD VERIZON....

Call up VZW tech support, They have been very understanding with me and have credited my data every month I've had the bionic so far because of the issue. Moto has been the issue here, until I demanded a RAZR this morning to the response of WTF!? They have done all I could ask of them lol.

That said, I spent 2 hours on the phone today with moto and VZW. VZW will not give me a replacement phone other than another bionic.. and I'm honestly sick of it. they said Moto should warranty it and replace it, Moto said repair only warranty and wanted me to be without the phone for 2 weeks while they "repair" it. The moto tech supervisor could NOT tell me what the repair process was and told me that the coming update has NOTHING to do with the 3g data connectivity issue... I asked him if he had been on the moto website lately lol.The jerk responded with that is not run by Motorola directly and "We have no control over what motorola employees post on there".. He still claimed November for that update coming out as well *shrug* All that said, I have still read of issues on 893 with data handoff from 4g to 3g, and that is my primary concern as I work in a 4G LTE zone and live in a 3G zone. 90% of the time I have no data @ home. thank goodness for my wife's hotspot hacked incredible *shrug*

rza49311

Reaction score

Have you tried putting the phone in standby then bringing it out to see if data is restored rather than a battery pull? Seems to work every time for me, however, I only recently discovered it so I've used it maybe 4 times.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My newest Bionic has been perfect for almost 3 days straight - handed off 3g/4g perfectly, never lost connection (literally never - well, at least "never" based on when I used/saw it)... then today it all hit the fan again. Nothing changed on the phone, my habits, location, anything. I was advised to pull the sim, power it up for a few without the sim, power it down, put the sim in again. It worked, my data is back and solid, at least for the last half an hour (more than I can say for the rest of the day so it evidently did something). The question is how long will it last, why did it happen, and can an OTA even fix something like that?

Hit at a bad time, too... frustrating... I had just started to trust it again:

[video=youtube;92UL2mmHTcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92UL2mmHTcU[/video]

Last edited:

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
didn't last... :(
same for me JNT when I get a new bionic it lasts for a few days to a week, then it starts dropping again. The immediate tale-tale.. do a manual hand-off by swapping from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only if it delays between 30 seconds and a minute.. you WILL have trouble with it. I'm gonna raid the local VZW and search for a unicorn that does not experience the issue cause moto claims they are out there.. I feel the ones working properly live PURELY in a 4GLTE zone, as this is the only time I have no trouble.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Holy cow! These bionic data issues are like wildfire! Why doesn't anybody just return the device? It seems to be a issue with the device itself. Otherwise, all you bionic owners will not get a OTA until the Razr is in full affect.

If your device is losing data all the time dont just take it, go and give it back. Stick it to Verizon for pushing premature garbage top shut the community up!
I'm sticking to the A855 until something better comes out.

What good is dual core if you have no data?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! These bionic data issues are like wildfire! Why doesn't anybody just return the device? It seems to be a issue with the device itself. Otherwise, all you bionic owners will not get a OTA until the Razr is in full affect.

If your device is losing data all the time dont just take it, go and give it back. Stick it to Verizon for pushing premature garbage top shut the community up!

As hard as I've tried with the Bionic, I'll likely be looking into the Razr tomorrow. I'm still within 30 days with Best Buy (won't be for the Gnex). I love the Bionic, but I have to have some semblance of trust and functionality with it... and while some haven't had issues, I have, on numerous Bionics with numerous sim cards.

So all of that to say, I am likely going and giving it back... ;)

Now if the Razr proves to have the same issues, I might just go back to a dumb phone!

Last edited:

WavelandAve

Reaction score

No data for most of the day. Heading to VZW store to see wtf can be done. I'm paying $30 a month for a data plan that never works? First I get that POS thunderbolt & now another phone that doesn't work...why am I paying top dollar for phones that don't work??

Sent from my NO DATA HAVING DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Ansa82

Reaction score
Have you tried putting the phone in standby then bringing it out to see if data is restored rather than a battery pull? Seems to work every time for me, however, I only recently discovered it so I've used it maybe 4 times.

How do you put the phone in " standby"?