Dropped Data Fix Turkey Day!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Not that it's right, but you need to keep in perspective the that folks in Verizon stores are there to sell phones, not to provide support if you have a problem. As I've heard stated a couple of times "never confuse the sale with the install". I am sure these folks are provided standard non-answers when savvy smartphone users approach them with problems. The customer tech support lines are another story. My experience there is that the folks there are willing to help, in some cases really understand the issues, but are also armed with non-information. Unfortunately, I think we are just caught up in an era where selling the next thing is the priority.

It is unfortunate that more information (good & bad news) is not shared by either Verizon or Motorola. We are relegated to sifting through multiple forums trying to separate reality from BS when honest , accurate information would suffice. I do want to acknowledge that this forum does seems to have some pretty sharp folks and I have found great information about maximizing the use of of my phone via mods and great apps.

I did have higher hopes that the Motorola Support Forum would provide a higher quality of information, but that is not the case. For example, think about it, if they are planning a "soak test", they would in fact know what the problems are (phone, infrastructure...) and what problems the test would be targeting, why not publish the facts (again, the good & the bad) to promote some confidence or at least project that you are in fact really working on something. Instead, we get this cloak & dagger bunk about NDAs etc., that something is coming soon but the select few cannot comment... that does nothing to promote consumer confidence. What I see over there is over there is a large majority of folks that are frustrated by non-information and a smaller number of folks that seem to worship each other.

Anyway, enough of my rant, it is what it is. At the end of the day, I'll probably do what they want, go buy something else.

But wait! :icon_ banana: If you act right now, you can buy a 2nd phone and only pay shipping and handling in hopes that one of them will work :p
Link from the news section.... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/183539-bionic-razr-news-update.html

So to my point... Shadez, you do a great job and I have great respect for you. I also deal with NDA's and can appreciate your conundrum somewhat. I don't want to speak for the masses, but please, diplomatically share with the Verizon folks if/when you have the opportunity, that highly generalized information can often times have the opposite effect for which it was unintended. Regarding the news link, I genuinely hope you are right as I am exercising exercising every bit of patience I have in hope that the Bionic can become the phone it is truly capable of being!

Oh yea, ditto on the new sig, nice job!

Don't want to shoot the messenger here, thanks for all you do and for sharing the information

Last edited:

ripper2860

Reaction score
1st they delay it again and now word is they will patch ROOT so until a new ROOT method is developed say goodbye to ROOT and apps requiring ROOT (yep, even with forever root). :angry:

Last edited:

ripper2860

Reaction score
True. But it's just BS. Moto knows it's just a freakin' game of whack-a-mole, so why don't they just quit farkin' around and wasting time on plugging root exploit and focus on the bigger issues of fixing the problems and making the phone as good as it can be. Really -- as many issues as some folks are having they've got the time to spend on this?? :icon_rolleyes:

dressagerider

Reaction score
I truly hate to jinx myself, but I have not experienced any data drop problems with my one month old bionic.

I went through 5 droid charges and every one had constant, non stop, data issues.....along with dropped calls, screen freezing, terrible lag, constant app forceclosures, bad speaker quality, email issues, and much more.

I guess having such bad experiences with the charges makes the bionic pretty close to perfect for me!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Human_Droid

Reaction score
In my experience. I had changed the data manager and battery manager to most savings, and then after about a month of that I recently switched back to no savings and I honestly am experiencing less data drops than before. I suspected before and still suspect that it is part of the equation to the data drop-outs.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Link from the news section.... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/183539-bionic-razr-news-update.html

So to my point... Shadez, you do a great job and I have great respect for you. I also deal with NDA's and can appreciate your conundrum somewhat. I don't want to speak for the masses, but please, diplomatically share with the Verizon folks if/when you have the opportunity, that highly generalized information can often times have the opposite effect for which it was unintended. Regarding the news link, I genuinely hope you are right as I am exercising exercising every bit of patience I have in hope that the Bionic can become the phone it is truly capable of being!

Oh yea, ditto on the new sig, nice job!

Don't want to shoot the messenger here, thanks for all you do and for sharing the information

Hi Blue :) Sorry took me so long to respond, it was weird, I couldn't find your post and the email notification disappeared, was just weird all around.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words, and I always share what I can within the limits I have agreed to bind by. Trust me, I want everyone to have the best possible experience with their phones as possible. At times, their are things I learn that I just simply cannot share at that present time, and mainly it's for the good as it avoids rumors and false information being spread (Not by you or anyone in particular).

And yes, I was going for 'highly generalized' as not to be to specific on certain things. I will tell you that I do not know what the update will include. I will garnish an opinion based on instincts alone, that I think it will be more than what people are expecting. I could be wrong, but putting all the information I've read publicly on various forums and websites, my gut feeling is that Bionic and RAZR users will indeed be pleasantly surprised.

If I hear anything else that I can post, I definitely will share it with the community.

WavelandAve

Reaction score
From their facebook page on nov 22...

For those inquiring about the DROID BIONIC software update: We have been working diligently on a software update for DROID BIONIC and have a version in the testing stage; we expect to deliver it to users before the end of the year. The update is targeting issues identified through owner feedback, and we’re confident it will improve device performance.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Hi Blue :) Sorry took me so long to respond, it was weird, I couldn't find your post and the email notification disappeared, was just weird all around.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words, and I always share what I can within the limits I have agreed to bind by. Trust me, I want everyone to have the best possible experience with their phones as possible. At times, their are things I learn that I just simply cannot share at that present time, and mainly it's for the good as it avoids rumors and false information being spread (Not by you or anyone in particular).

And yes, I was going for 'highly generalized' as not to be to specific on certain things. I will tell you that I do not know what the update will include. I will garnish an opinion based on instincts alone, that I think it will be more than what people are expecting. I could be wrong, but putting all the information I've read publicly on various forums and websites, my gut feeling is that Bionic and RAZR users will indeed be pleasantly surprised.

If I hear anything else that I can post, I definitely will share it with the community.

Thanks for sharing. I know there is a lot of frustration because we know what the phone is truly capable of and is falling short. The intro of the Razr was certainly not a publicity coup as it relates to Bionic owners -- it served only to give the appearence that focus was on the new device and that the Bionic had been relegated to the back-burner.

Now a question(s) that I hope you can answer...

Was there any evidence of a closer relationship or interaction with Google given the Moto Mobility buy-out? Any indications that a stronger official or unofficial relationship may be at work in providing us something that would give the Bionic an additional "edge" over competition? Please feel free to elaborate as vaguely as is required, but a simple yes or no will suffice for me.

Looks like a Christmas time push, so something to look forward to, I guess.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks for sharing. I know there is a lot of frustration because we know what the phone is truly capable of and is falling short. The intro of the Razr was certainly not a publicity coup as it relates to Bionic owners -- it served only to give the appearence that focus was on the new device and that the Bionic had been relegated to the back-burner.

Now a question(s) that I hope you can answer...

Was there any evidence of a closer relationship or interaction with Google given the Moto Mobility buy-out? Any indications that a stronger official or unofficial relationship may be at work in providing us something that would give the Bionic an additional "edge" over competition? Please feel free to elaborate as vaguely as is required, but a simple yes or no will suffice for me.

Looks like a Christmas time push, so something to look forward to, I guess.

Well I think it will make a significant difference as I believe Google will start more of an integration period with motorola technology and then figure out the best way to put out a device with the best of both worlds. As if it it's going to happen, check out this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...rs-approve-final-agreement-google-buyout.html :)

ripper2860

Reaction score
OK. I'll be more vaguely direct with my questions ...

Would it be unreasonable for one to assume that Google's presence or influence (either direct or indirect) was evident at the VZ/Moto conference you attended. Would it also be unreasonable for one to assume that any influence or presence would likely manifest itself in near-future updates to the Bionic in particular? ;)

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
OK. I'll be more vaguely direct with my questions ...

Would it be unreasonable for one to assume that Google's presence or influence (either direct or indirect) was evident at the VZ/Moto conference you attended. Would it also be unreasonable for one to assume that any influence or presence would likely manifest itself in near-future updates to the Bionic in particular? ;)

I did not attend the focus group, I was quoting someone from Motorola forums who did.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Doh! Sorry . That's what I get for skimming.

DoctorV

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I am loving this data drop fix that was released today!!

. . . oh wait it didn't happen? The Verizon CS rep was wrong???!!!! How shocking!!!!!! :blink:

Have we all learned what happens when we listen to Verizon CS reps?