The Data drop out was at an all time worst today

dressagerider

Reaction score
I had 5 charges before Verizon finally sent me a bionic.

When 4g was first up and running in my area I experienced the same problems. Everything is fine now. I think it takes a little time to work the kinks out of every new 4g area.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mullens

Reaction score
I am already running the new .893......it isnt helping at all

and to be honest don't you think it is ridiculous that we would have to do that?

how in the hell did this phone make it out of Quality Assurance with this type of problem?

finally someone who is on the same page as me I've been saying this for weeks.

I had so many people tell me oh just deal with it or there will be an update or the worst just... root your phone blah blah blah

it is ridiculous that we should wait four months for this phone to work properly we signed a contract for a phone that works. I dont care what anyone says we shouldnt have to do anything special especially something that voids the warranty to make it work right!

Last edited:

portermac

Reaction score
Ya, my phone has been horrible....My area got 4g about a week or so ago. before that, I would lose data sometimes, but I could deal with it.

Now, if I am at home, or the office, I am totally fine, never lose data. However, if I go to my second office, which is in Cherokee NC, its totally worthless. It switches from 4g to 3g to nothing. Ive tried just having phone in cdma mode only, and same thing. This did not get this bad untill they activated 4g. A friend of mine who works at the same place, has a Samsung Charge, and his is always switching, and he has been having issues as well.

Its totally worthless out there, and it drains the battery as well pretty bad. Im about tempted to go back to an x2 or something. I would rather have something that works all the time, vs something that works great sometimes, and not worth a damm other times.

I am total stock, and havent updated to any leaks. According to Droid Forums, the leaks being installed over there are not helping out with data issues, and in face making things worse in some cases.

We have a problem here, and if my phone will not work in Cherokee, they are going to have to give me something that will. It will be interesting to see if the Razr will have these issues.

This is weird because I was having problems with data loss until they flipped the switch on 4g. Now my phone has been perfect for a month. Doesn't that say its more problems with areas and towers versus the bionic?

Calla969

Reaction score
I'm on the .893 update and I have the 4g radio turned off because I'm not in a 4g area. I lost data for en entire day this week and I have trouble all the time. VZW tech support seems to know less about the phone that I do. I've tried everything and data just comes back when it's damn good and ready.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I also agree with you. I should not have to void my warranty to get my phone to work.

Mullens

Reaction score
This is weird because I was having problems with data loss until they flipped the switch on 4g. Now my phone has been perfect for a month. Doesn't that say its more problems with areas and towers versus the bionic?

no not at all! it's too many different areas in different parts of the country that be an issue with the towers.....

you are probly in the middle of a 4 g area and are rarely in the fringe areas.
like a previous poster said it's like the radio gets confused when it doesn't know whether to go with a 4g with low signal or 3g with high signal....

Mullens

Reaction score
I'm on the .893 update and I have the 4g radio turned off because I'm not in a 4g area. I lost data for en entire day this week and I have trouble all the time. VZW tech support seems to know less about the phone that I do. I've tried everything and data just comes back when it's damn good and ready.

I agree with you completely the verizon sales reps are worthless. Verizon is idiotic when it comes to who they hire. There is a new female employee at the store near me and she knows nothing apparently her title is accessories cordinator... just a pretty girl selling phones who knows nothing. she tried to help me and I was like um how do you get this job haha..I have a 4 year college degree and I know more about these phones they do and I can't even get a job with them....

Mullens

Reaction score
I agree with you completely the verizon sales reps are worthless. Verizon is idiotic when it comes to who they hire. There is a new female employee at the store near me and she knows nothing apparently her title is accessories cordinator... just a pretty girl selling phones who knows nothing. she tried to help me and I was like um how do you get this job haha..I have a 4 year college degree and I know more about these phones than they do and I can't even get a job with them....

steeletown

Reaction score
Every since I enabled my roaming, I have not lost data once

Mullens

Reaction score
Every since I enabled my roaming, I have not lost data once

yes I've heard that works for some but definitely not for a majority

Scribble

Reaction score
The data roaming thing works for me. In the thread I started it seems to be working for the majority who have tried it.

dressagerider

Reaction score
My bionic has zero problems toggeling between 3g and 4g. My charge had issued every day.

Mullens

Reaction score
The data roaming thing works for me. In the thread I started it seems to be working for the majority who have tried it.

Why don't you take a look at the regular thread of people complaining about data issues and compare that to the number of people in your little thread. Its way more people having data issues.
It's a very safe bet that they have combed through these forums and definitely tried something as simple as that roaming setting.

Just compare the sheer numbers of people in the complaining thread vs your roaming thread. It's likely that only the people that it worked are posting in yours and a lot more have tried and haven't had it work and just haven't wasted their time and said oh didn't work...

illmatic636

Reaction score
Why aren't iPhone users experiencing these drop data issues? Or any non Device? If it were a network thing, then I would think we all would be experiencing data loss.

Just sayin

dressagerider

Reaction score
Anyone complaining about the bionic should spend some time with a charge.....you will come running back and keep your mouth shut about the little things!