The Data drop out was at an all time worst today

jspencer67

Reaction score
I was in a 3G/4G area and I had to reset connection no less than about 7 times an hour. I have the .893 radio installed.....so obviously not helping.

this is unacceptable to me and I called Verizon......told them that if the upcoming update does not cure the problem with the data drop out that I fully expect them to switch me to another phone. Also stated that about the 30-60 day thing and that if the update isn't out by the time the Prime comes out I will demand that I be switched. I signed a contract for a fully functioning phone and if they cant provide me with that then they should do whatever it takes to resolve the issue.

He stated that he believes that the update is supposed to be pushed early this month and hadn't heard about any delay on it. He admitted that the connection thing is a known issue with the Bionic

he seemed to agree with everything I said and said Verizon will do what it takes to satisfy their customers

take it for what it is worth

KH22

Reaction score
They tell you that until it's time to actually act on it. Then they run your through the ringer. Fastest and most reliable network? Fast enough when it works. Reliable? Hardly!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I think what's most upsetting about this is you're proof the leaked OTA doesn't fully fix the data drop issue...

OP
J

jspencer67

Reaction score
I was really hoping it was......but today was a nightmare

I think where it is really bad is when you are in areas that are fringe 4G.....the radio cant figure out what the hell to do and just shuts down. If you are solidly in one or the other it stays on.....but fringe areas can be quite large so it is going to be bad

I was in parts of Easton PA today (a 4G area) and it just kept dropping out like every ten minutes or less

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if you're in a fringe area just put it into 3g only mode until you're in a sold 4G area.
at least until the update comes out this is your best bet to keep a stable connection

OP
J

jspencer67

Reaction score
if you're in a fringe area just put it into 3g only mode until you're in a sold 4G area.
at least until the update comes out this is your best bet to keep a stable connection

I am already running the new .893......it isnt helping at all

and to be honest don't you think it is ridiculous that we would have to do that?

how in the hell did this phone make it out of Quality Assurance with this type of problem?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
perhaps when you flashed the leak something went wonky.
most of the people who are on either of the leaks are stating the issue is either gone or substantially better.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm gonna have to agree with the OP completely. Like I said in another thread, I really only have issues the further I go away from Atlanta. And when I do have to leave the area, I've switched it to CDMA Only mode several times and it doesn't really seem to make a difference. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, as I start coming home, I get 2-3 blue 4g bars out of nowhere.

This is running stock, rooted with frozen bloat.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Isn't the.893 update just a test? It isn't guaranteed to be the one they finally push out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I was really hoping it was......but today was a nightmare

I think where it is really bad is when you are in areas that are fringe 4G.....the radio cant figure out what the hell to do and just shuts down. If you are solidly in one or the other it stays on.....but fringe areas can be quite large so it is going to be bad

I was in parts of Easton PA today (a 4G area) and it just kept dropping out like every ten minutes or less

I live in this area that you speak of... It blows.

tbell6

Reaction score
Isn't the.893 update just a test? It isn't guaranteed to be the one they finally push out.

So far we have 3 ".893's" 5.893, 6.893 & 7.893. Might be more coming, hopefully final one will be perfect and soon.

indee2025

Reaction score
Did you try the restart connection app?

Also I'm glad you felt vindicated telling Verizon your frustration but honestly, speaking from experience (& I'm SOB who can sell you a watermelon peeling machine to someone allergic to fruit) Verizon doesn't budge & has virtually no retention dept or customer service, you'd get better customer service in Russia...

WavelandAve

Reaction score
Did you try the restart connection app?

Also I'm glad you felt vindicated telling Verizon your frustration but honestly, speaking from experience (& I'm SOB who can sell you a watermelon peeling machine to someone allergic to fruit) Verizon doesn't budge & has virtually no retention dept or customer service, you'd get better customer service in Russia...

Here is my experience with VZW customer "care". Went through 3 phones in like 4 months, their first offer to make me happy was paying my data plan for a month. Then they offer to trade in my thunderbolt for a D1...a freaking D1. That's when I said cancel my contact..now here I am with a bionic :)

Last edited:

thunderklees

Reaction score
I had 3g all day today. Normally I have 4g half of the time and no data the other half. It is 3g but at least I had something. Not sure why?

Reaction score
Ya, my phone has been horrible....My area got 4g about a week or so ago. before that, I would lose data sometimes, but I could deal with it.

Now, if I am at home, or the office, I am totally fine, never lose data. However, if I go to my second office, which is in Cherokee NC, its totally worthless. It switches from 4g to 3g to nothing. Ive tried just having phone in cdma mode only, and same thing. This did not get this bad untill they activated 4g. A friend of mine who works at the same place, has a Samsung Charge, and his is always switching, and he has been having issues as well.

Its totally worthless out there, and it drains the battery as well pretty bad. Im about tempted to go back to an x2 or something. I would rather have something that works all the time, vs something that works great sometimes, and not worth a damm other times.

I am total stock, and havent updated to any leaks. According to Droid Forums, the leaks being installed over there are not helping out with data issues, and in face making things worse in some cases.

We have a problem here, and if my phone will not work in Cherokee, they are going to have to give me something that will. It will be interesting to see if the Razr will have these issues.