The Data drop out was at an all time worst today

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Stupid bionic.. Its losing signal so often out double posted half my post... Sooooo laaaaame!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Prolly network problems bro. I've not had one problem. Everytine i had a problem ..i called vzw. They were having national 4g problems last whole month. They r aware of this.. its not just bionic. Be patient. New network.. new phone... new radio.. i love how ppl waste money selling bionix for other phones ..then to see them complaining of the same woes.... on the new phones forums...

Last edited by a moderator:

konellaz

Reaction score
Prolly network problems bro. I've not had one problem. Everytine i had a problem ..i called vzw. They were having national 4g problems last whole month. They r aware of this.. its not just bionic. Be patient. New network.. new phone... new radio.. i love how ppl waste money selling bionix for other phones ..then to see them complaining of the same woes.... on the new phones forums...

How come the thunderbolt on my third line has full lte signal and only drops when traveling through 3g areas.. What about my roommates razor who gets full lte signal? Side by side where all 3 replacement BIONCS FAILED TO GET MORE THAN A BAR FOR SECONDS AT A TIME OF LTE AND .5MB DOWN. Explain why all four bionics in same spot get full bars of lte in a call, but when I hang up nothing.. Not even 1x it takes 30 seconds or longer for it to build up one bar at a time from 1x to 3g

Last edited by a moderator:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
How come the thunderbolt on my third line has full lte signal and only drops when traveling through 3g areas.. What about my roommates razor who gets full lte signal? Side by side where all 3 replacement BIONCS FAILED TO GET MORE THAN A BAR FOR SECONDS AT A TIME OF LTE AND .5MB DOWN. Explain why all four bionics in same spot get full bars of lte in a call, but when I hang up nothing.. Not even 1x it takes 30 seconds or longer for it to build up one bar at a time from 1x to 3g

Ive had one bionic since. Launch. Never had any of those problem... my friends rzr drops all the time.. my girls rezound holds 4g the weakest on fringe...so u experienced all that.. but thats what ive seen. Thats why i blame network.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Driving directly into 4G from 3G transitions well. when driving tangentially along a 4G cell at weak signal distance, that's when the problem starts, bad switching between radios. I recall for voice the towers did the hand off, not the phone. Is it the same for data?

Derekweb

Reaction score
Driving directly into 4G from 3G transitions well. When driving tangentially along a 4G cell at weak signal distance, that's when the problem starts, bad switching between radios. I recall for voice the towers did the hand off, not the phone. Is it the same for data?

w-r-g

Reaction score
radio issues HELP

I see all the 3g/4g issues and I have had those too going to the big city and then back to 3g but not really that bad. Just either airplane mode a few times or pull the bat/sim card and it goes back to normal. The huge issue I have is 1X data. I go to "extended areas" quite a bit in the midwest or in very rural FL where all I can get is 1X and the Bionic will not go there 90% of the time. My first phone just flipped back in forth from 3G to 1X and then would go to no data period just bars showing. V has replaced it twice and the new update worked for a short time but now it will not go back to 1X at all. 3g/4g work but not 1X. Can you force 1X somehow? My first two phones were rooted with custom roms and such but this current phone is stock and plain. Does not seem to matter just radio issues. Anyone can help me here? V will not let me go RZR and I know my local guy very well and I have tried cus service on the phone and well that is def not going to work. So can anyone shed some light on this and help? Just gonna have to sell this phone and buy a RZR otherwise as I have to have data when I go to extended areas. Thanks

bbtkd

Reaction score
I see all the 3g/4g issues and I have had those too going to the big city and then back to 3g but not really that bad. Just either airplane mode a few times or pull the bat/sim card and it goes back to normal. The huge issue I have is 1X data. I go to "extended areas" quite a bit in the midwest or in very rural FL where all I can get is 1X and the Bionic will not go there 90% of the time. My first phone just flipped back in forth from 3G to 1X and then would go to no data period just bars showing. V has replaced it twice and the new update worked for a short time but now it will not go back to 1X at all. 3g/4g work but not 1X. Can you force 1X somehow? My first two phones were rooted with custom roms and such but this current phone is stock and plain. Does not seem to matter just radio issues. Anyone can help me here? V will not let me go RZR and I know my local guy very well and I have tried cus service on the phone and well that is def not going to work. So can anyone shed some light on this and help? Just gonna have to sell this phone and buy a RZR otherwise as I have to have data when I go to extended areas. Thanks

You said your Bionic is stock, so do we take that to mean you haven't loaded the "901" update? If you don't have "901" I'd wait for it to see if it fixes things - before you do anything drastic. Also, word has it that the firmware update only helps work around the real problem which is within the tower code. They are working to fix the problem and in some areas folks claim that all is now well.

w-r-g

Reaction score
No I have not loaded up 901 yet as it is not OTA just yet I do not think .. I will apply it today and be patient. I really like the phone especially with a custom roms.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
It's interesting... if this same issue was happening with the iPhone, it would be mainstream news (just like the death grip issue). Not that I expect the Bionic to garner the same type of attention as iPhone. However, if consumers couldn't get and maintain a reliable data connection, four month after the phone's release, we'd probably have the FCC and Congress investigating Motorola and VZW.