Loss of data connection when screen times out

dkend99

Reaction score
Not sure how to fix this but every time my screen times out I lose my data connection. So when I listen to iheartradio or Pandora the songs will quit playing about 20 seconds after the screen times out. When I wake the phone back up it will try to get a data connection and if it is successful the song will resume. Neither of these apps are on the auto shut down list. Even if im not streaming something and I wake the phone up it takes a little bit to establish a data connection, if it is successful at all. I used to have this problem with my D2 and Verizon just sent me refurbs but I'm not sure that's the solution. My phone never did this before the .893 update. Should I get a new SIM card or factory reset my phone? Any other ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
Set your screen to ' never time out' under display settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
D

dkend99

Reaction score
Juice defender or other battery saving app running?

I'm running Juice defender. Would JD stop my data connection everytime the screen times out? If so i'll delete it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
Yep. Its juice defender. I had it too and got tired of it doing that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Juice Defender too and whenever I plan to so something that would use a lot of data I disable it for the duration. Funny thing, though, I don't have to do that with Netflix.