Battery Profiles.. Anyone use?

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I was wondering if I was the only one who uses the battery profiles. When I switched from the DroidX the Thunderbolt, this was one feature I missed immensely. Now that Im back on the Bionic, Im loving it. It saves immense battery by turning off the data connection when the screen is off. When sitting idle with the data connection off, the phone using about 1% per hour. Ive noticed with the data connection on, it uses 3-4% per hour when idle.

I have my phone turn off data after 30 mins. Turning the screen on re-establishes the connection and resets the data timeout.

The main downside to this, is you wont get push notifications when the radio switches off. I understand many people rely on push notifications, but if you're someone like me who doesnt need to get gmail, fb, twitter, etc right when it happens, then this is a great method for saving a huge amount of battery. Calls and texts still come through right away when the data connection is off.

Also, since Google Voice uses data, I set it up to send me texts when I have a new VM or text message instead of getting those notifications through the app.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Some people have been getting frozen phones from using battery profiles. I guess there is a known bug. So watch yer arse!

shamus

Reaction score
I also missed this feature when I got the Bolt. But I use a nighttime saver profile in case I forget to plug it in when I go to sleep.

dberthia

Reaction score
When I had the Nighttime Saver profile active, my Bionic completely powered off twice, and each time I had to do a battery pull to get it to boot again. Since I changed the profile to Performance, I haven't seen the issue.