(BIONIC)Tips to make Battery life Longer! :)

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Is there any way to wipe the battery cache? I remember doing something similar on my DX. I'd prefer not to have to factory reset but I will if I have to. Getting roughly 8-9 hrs with moderate use, even with wifi on

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

josh1980

Reaction score
Is there any way to wipe the battery cache? I remember doing something similar on my DX. I'd prefer not to have to factory reset but I will if I have to. Getting roughly 8-9 hrs with moderate use, even with wifi on

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't think the battery cache does what you think it does. The battery cache is really just a file that gives the OS a guess as to what your battery life typically is. If your cache is messed up your battery may not appear to charge to 100%, or may sit at 5% for 2-3 hours. Basically, your battery "meter" will be inaccurate. The battery cache has nothing to do with your actual usage and how much life you get from your battery.

I just realized I commented to a post that is 10 months old! I feel like a lamer!

Last edited:

raidermc

Reaction score
If anyone is on ICS you can use smart actions to turn on/off your data when you turn on/off your screen.

Data comes up quick 3g/4g within a few seconds and you save gobs of battery power:biggrin:

bigred8380

Reaction score
Anyone know of a extended battery that is factory size?...don't like the added bulk of extended battery's,

And the smart action to turn off the data when screen times out also kills all my email notifications... deff don't like that.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a extended battery that is factory size?...don't like the added bulk of extended battery's,

Mugen makes a slim extended battery that'll fit in the OEM space (it even uses the OEM door), but since it only provides 2000 mAh it doesn't add much and at $42 (from Amazon) it's much more expensive than the OEM Extended Battery (at $25).

josh1980

Reaction score
I would like to add that while some people have enjoyed the Mugen batteries it seems like alot of people have posted with negative feedback on them. I own the OEM extended battery myself because of all of the comments.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Mugen makes a slim extended battery that'll fit in the OEM space (it even uses the OEM door), but since it only provides 2000 mAh it doesn't add much and at $42 (from Amazon) it's much more expensive than the OEM Extended Battery (at $25).

I bought the Mugen 2000 mAh battery and it worked as advertised for about 6 months, then abruptly died. Not saying my experience is typical, just adding it as a data point.

Currently using the Moto 2760 mAh extended battery, and while it's a bit bulkier it works a whole lot better than the Mugen ever did.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
I use a free data widget from the market place. When I'm at home I use my wifi. During the day I turn off the date until I need it then turn it off. 15 hours later I'm down to 59%.