(BIONIC)Tips to make Battery life Longer! :)

wilboy

Reaction score
First: Download the "Data Switch" by: nfcshare (free from the market)

1.)The first thing i did was went to Settings>Wireless & Network> to make sure i'm on CDMA/LTE(4g)
2.) When I'm home I only use my WI-FI,and my Data Switch is turned off.(This will Automatically turn off the 3g/4g)
3.)Before I leave the house (for work),i will turn off my WIFI and Data Switch to off..So it means No Internet/E-mail but you can still receive text/and out going txt(if you want to txt someone), and phone calls-incoming or outgoing.
4.)@Work (No WIFI)..If i need to go on line ,i just simply turn on my Data Switch to ON (if 4g isn't available to your area,it will automatically turn to 3g)..lucky for me my place of work has a strong 4g access :)..After 15min. of surfing/checking e-mails and txt. I'm gonna turn off again my DATA Switch to OFF.

TIME OBSERVATION w/ THIS PROCEDURE! From 100% (5:30 am) to 12noon(my break-time) 92% remaining.Believe this or not..it happened!dancedroid

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I refuse to have to take steps like that to save battery life. The phone should do it all by itself or there should be an app that can do it automatically.

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
I wish..we have that kind of app... or we can teach our phone to do that!! :)

And oh..once you have that on your wall settled WIFI (widget) and this Data Switch (widget) your all set!That 2 icons on your wall wil do it all!! :)

Last edited:

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Im using juice defender ultimate. It has a feature on it that will turn wifi on or off depending on your location. I have mine set to turn on wheni get home and off when i leave.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

O2VW1.8T

Reaction score
I bought the extended batt for 25 bucks from verizon. My phone is on 4g all day, full bright screen, data always on, gps all 3 on. Wake up at 6am phone comes off the charger and when im about to go to sleep the battery is at 50-60% i love it. I had the thunderbolt and the thing sucked for battery, had to charge it by noon at work.

My bionic is rooted, froze a bunch of stuff not sure if it helped or not

LBrooks

Reaction score
The only thing I'm using is the stock Task Manager ... There were a couple of things I discovered about my phone after I got it several weeks ago - once you opened certain programs (like Social Location ? and a few other stupid things ) - that's the end of the battery for the day LOL ... The stock camera gallery - the thing never quits and there are a few other things same same ... And you didn't even have to *use* those programs - you just had to *open* them to see what they were maybe? - And there are several other programs like that just keep on going and going and going ... Some of the programs - when you opened them - they'd kill once you re-booted your phone or killed it in services - others - I don't care what you did - you opted in on them and that was that - they're running until the end of time ...

SO - I wiped my phone and started over - yeah - it was worth it to *me* ... Once I started over ~ I get what I consider to be pretty decent battery life - maybe no one else considers it decent battery life, but I'm happy with it ;) ... I keep all my services running as far as data, wifi, bluetooth, push notifications, etc - I live in a 4G area so I use my 4G - blah blah blah ... And I'm a heavy to moderate user of my phone ... I get about 2 days use out of my extended battery and about a day out of my standard slim ... the only thing I've really done is turn down the brightness on my screen a little and I kill 4 tasks in the Task Manager ... My screen times out after 10 minutes (I tend to use my phone in bursts - I get tired of having to unlock it all the time sometimes - so when I need to lock it - I just hit the power button) ...

I like having smart phones - I don't want to "dumb them down" or constantly have to change this that or the other ... And I like apps - but I don't like apps that *I* consider to be unnecessary .... I like things as clean as possible ... So - I've found this way works *for me* ...

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
Can't believe this...15% remaining in 24 hrs.??!!(as/ my Procedure)in normal use w/ regular bat..Oh yeah..am w/ Liberty #47.ohh weeeee!! :icon_ banana:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I have great battery life, all I really did was d/l Auto Wifi Toggle. Just opened it once, set it, and now it turns my wifi off when I'm at home or off when I'm not. I never really had battery issues in the first place, but this still made a difference. I really wish phone technology could stop for a few months and all funding of that can go into battery technology for those few months. They're so close yet so far away from each other...

legacykid

Reaction score
lol talk about crappy battery,

9.5 hrs - unplugged before bed it was unplugged at 90%
woke up this am it was at 30%

Cell standby-32%
Blue tooth-32%
Phone idle-32%
OS-4%

Idk how they figure these percentages but...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I plug my phone in all night every night and the extended lasts from 6.30am to around midnight with no power saving tricks, I'll literally be on 1% when I plug in to charge - it should have shipped with the extended battery IMO

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mandragora

Reaction score
+1 for extended battery. The phone should have just shipped with it. For a while with the standard battery all I did was try and figure out how to make it last longer. I was not getting that much enjoyment out of the phone. Now with the extended battery, I never even think about it. I do whatever I want and use it as much as I want. I take it out of the cradle 7:30AM and by 11:00PM I still usually have about 35% battery left.

entcee

Reaction score
With my OG Droid, I would just leave 3G on all the time, not switching to Wi-Fi ever. With the Bionic, I did the same (but with 4G of course). I would get about 8 hours of battery life with moderate use. Sorta following the advice of the OP, I just went 1 day, 3 hours and 45 minutes and still have 15% battery left with moderate use.

What I do is similar to what OP did, and really simple. I leave Wi-Fi on all the time and use Tasker to turn off data (3G/4G) whenever Wi-Fi is connected, which is at work and home. I did turn the data off, using DataSwitch, on my way to and from work, which it 45-60 minutes each way.

While I really do not need to do this on an average day as I can charge the phone at work so it only needs to last me until I go to bed where I can charge it overnight. If I were to go out for a long period of time where there is no Wi-Fi, like a concert, or a night out with friends, I would consider leaving the data off and only turning it on when I need it... checking email, checking Facebook, read news, etc.. that way, my battery would last the entire day/night while still being able to send/receive texts and calls, which is what I would use mostly if I was out.

I wish Tasker had the ability to switch it from 4G to 3G. Then I think I would be able to leave the data on (when not in a Wi-Fi area) but have it switch to 3g when the screen is off and then switch to 4G when the screen is on.

Thanks for the advice OP.

sforsyth01

Reaction score
I absolutely refuse to buy a smartphone that's main purpose is to keep me connected to things, and then turn off data. Simply defeats the purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4G using DroidForums

entcee

Reaction score
I absolutely refuse to buy a smartphone that's main purpose is to keep me connected to things, and then turn off data. Simply defeats the purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4G using DroidForums

Turning it off when not in use does not defeat the purpose IMHO. You purchased a car to get you from point A to point B, does not mean you leave it running.

When you need it, simply turn it data on with one press (not too hard).

The main point of my post was to say that if you use Wifi as much as you can, you will get MUCH better battery life. With Wifi on, you still get data and are "connected"

I would only need to turn data off when I need my battery to last a really long time, not day to day. In those circumstances, I would rather turn off data when I am not using it instead of having my phone die and not be connected at all.