Is there a on/off widget for 4g?

RSC450

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something here but I can't seem to find a widget to turn off my 4g when I dont need it. My battery life goes so fast on this phone. I took it off the charger and sent 2 txt messages and it idled for an hour and a half and I'm at 90% battery. The only Widgets I have on my screen is the Google search bar and that's it. It was to my understanding that the 4g itself sucks battery like no other so I thought, well, if its possible to turn it off I might as well give it a shot. If any of you have a good widget for this feel free to share. I am running the Liberty 1.0 ROM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something here but I can't seem to find a widget to turn off my 4g when I dont need it. My battery life goes so fast on this phone. I took it off the charger and sent 2 txt messages and it idled for an hour and a half and I'm at 90% battery. The only Widgets I have on my screen is the Google search bar and that's it. It was to my understanding that the 4g itself sucks battery like no other so I thought, well, if its possible to turn it off I might as well give it a shot. If any of you have a good widget for this feel free to share. I am running the Liberty 1.0 ROM.

I searched a while back for such a widget and found nothing. I found some widgets that claim to be a 4G on/off switch, but in reality they merely took me to the Wireless & Network settings and allowed me to select Mobile Networks/CDMA Only. That's where I run my Bionic 90% of the time as I live outside the 4G area here in Baton Rouge.

Good luck.

Batman8

Reaction score
I searched a while back for such a widget and found nothing. I found some widgets that claim to be a 4G on/off switch, but in reality they merely took me to the Wireless & Network settings and allowed me to select Mobile Networks/CDMA Only. That's where I run my Bionic 90% of the time as I live outside the 4G area here in Baton Rouge.

Good luck.

It seems that's the only way to do it unfortunately. I like to use "LTE Switch"...at least it's free.

jtlayne1969

Reaction score
I also use "LTE Switch". It does the same thing as "Settings - Wireless & Networks - Mobile Networks - Network Mode" but cuts out the first the steps.

wilboy

Reaction score
Data switch,free from the market...for some more info...read my sig. :)