Data on/off widget?

McGyver777

Reaction score
Maybe I am just simple or something but I have a wifi widget and a Bluetooth widget on my main screen. I want a data widget. Walk in house: three clicks: data/Bluetooth off and wifi on. Walk out of house: three clicks: data/Bluetooth on and wifi off.

As of now I have to dig into settings to get to data on/off.

Anyony know of data widget to match the two I already have (those being wifi and bluetooth)?

Thanks,
McGyver777

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would help... im still confused why 3g4g doesn't go off when wifi comes on.... then when its needed like mms ... turn itself on like all the other motos

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I setup a Tasker profile that turns off mobile data whenever Wifi is connected. With this, you could reduce everything to a single click, or no clicks.

Single Click: Turn Wifi on with widget. Once Wifi connects, Tasker automatically turns mobile data and bluetooth off. When Wifi disconnects (you move out of range, or turn Wifi off), mobile data and bluetooth are automatically turned back on.

No Click: Setup Tasker to periodically scan for nearby Wifi networks. If yours is found, turn Wifi on and turn mobile data and bluetooth off.

gtofan350

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with profiles. I saw them on my girlfriends droid 2 but since my last android was the OG then I never got to use profiles. How do they work?

Reaction score
Yes,,its called data switch,,its in the market works great, ,,touch it and it disables data touch again and it enables data and there u go

sent from my stock bionic untill cm7 hits

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yes,,its called data switch,,its in the market works great, ,,touch it and it disables data touch again and it enables data and there u go

sent from my stock bionic untill cm7 hits

AIRPLANE mode does exactly this.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with profiles. I saw them on my girlfriends droid 2 but since my last android was the OG then I never got to use profiles. How do they work?

The profiles I'm talking about part of an app called Tasker - not something included in the Android OS. Tasker basically allows you to automate doing things based on certain conditions, such as which app is in the foreground, anything date/time related, location, calendar entries, proximity or connection to Wifi networks, etc. Examples include silencing your phone during meetings that appear on your calendar, or turning on Wifi when you're near home.

tbell6

Reaction score
Data Enabler Widget, is what your looking for.

expiditer

Reaction score
Bluetooth widiget ?

I setup a Tasker profile that turns off mobile data whenever Wifi is connected. With this, you could reduce everything to a single click, or no clicks.

Single Click: Turn Wifi on with widget. Once Wifi connects, Tasker automatically turns mobile data and bluetooth off. When Wifi disconnects (you move out of range, or turn Wifi off), mobile data and bluetooth are automatically turned back on.

No Click: Setup Tasker to periodically scan for nearby Wifi networks. If yours is found, turn Wifi on and turn mobile data and bluetooth off.

What is the name of the bluetooth widget that turns blue tooth on/off when in proximity to paired device ??