Dropped Data Fix Turkey Day!

Reaction score
I called they said "Late November" yea lets see how long it will be delayed again. That's the second time they delayed they had a set date but they pushed it. So don't hold your breath.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I too have a love/hate relationship with the help at Verizon. There are times when they are helpful and seem to know what's happening.
Then there other days when you have to smile and walk out.

The funny thing for me was a few weeks ago when the Razr was not available to buy but was in stores. I was comparing the Bionic to the Razr and
the rep was amazed I wasn't sure about the Bionic due to the drop outs. She actually looked at her phone and said "What drop outs, I've never heard of that?"
She insisted that in Sacramento they don't have any dropouts, but then she says, "It's probably the 4G network" she then advised that "you should keep you phone
on 3G and then put it on 4G when you need it.

Let me guess, she was blonde... probably thought data was what is on a reboot screen :)

Reaction score
guys just do this (I have been doing some thinking and i found out if you remove the following, data is stable the whole time, no more odd ons and offs. The following are: battery data manager and battery manager. Use root uninstaller to freeze them and connection should remain on. And if using a custom rom, you can control with the on and off switch. Also froze data manager service. Let me know if this helps and if anyone needs help doing this. Works for me, I'm in control of data on and off now) till then

nateohio

Reaction score
guys just do this (I have been doing some thinking and i found out if you remove the following, data is stable the whole time, no more odd ons and offs. The following are: battery data manager and battery manager. Use root uninstaller to freeze them and connection should remain on. And if using a custom rom, you can control with the on and off switch. Also froze data manager service. Let me know if this helps and if anyone needs help doing this. Works for me, I'm in control of data on and off now) till then

Dude, stop spamming the boards! We have all seen your thread in this same section!

69copo

Reaction score
VZW reps are less reliable than the weather man! I have spent countless hours on the phone with various reps and more than %90 of the time I find better answers on the forums. The fact that the rep said Thanksgiving seems even more outlandish. Sorry if I sound angry but just how I feel about it.

Reaction score
Yea plus with black friday being the next day and people buying the network will be slamed and updates being puahed out wouldn't be a good idea

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
ditto, VZ Customer service told me today that in their computers they have "within the next 2 months". I've been fighting with them for the last 2 months and they tell me something different everyday. Most don't even know what I'm talking about when I tell them it's a software problem and moto is working on a fix. I've been flat out told by SOME verizon CSR's that data drop is not a known issue on the bionic *shrug* good try VZ... good try.

Got the same kind of responses when I called today. I think they are taught to play dumb and lie about ever hearing of issues before you call. Like you are the very first one.

Reaction score
They can only tell us what Motorola tells them. Verizon has no part of pushing or software development. So id blame Motorola for the mistakes not Vz. They are in the dark just like us.

xmguy

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it. VZW SUPPORT isn't always 100% accurate on what they say.

konellaz

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it. VZW SUPPORT isn't always 100% accurate on what they say.

Got mine release date.. They have faught me hard on me getting another comparable phone.. There is only 2 out.. Razor, Rezound.. they finally told me to call on wed when the 14 day return
is up on the razor and they could release reconditioned stock.. They only told me this when I said waiting until first or second week of Dec for an update that may out may not fix my problem is unacceptable and I would like to pay my measly $350 buy out. My Bill is well over 200 a month.. They know better!!!! 200x24months you can do the math.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xmguy

Reaction score
Got mine release date.. They have faught me hard on me getting another comparable phone.. There is only 2 out.. Razor, Rezound.. they finally told me to call on wed when the 14 day return
is up on the razor and they could release reconditioned stock.. They only told me this when I said waiting until first or second week of Dec for an update that may out may not fix my problem is unacceptable and I would like to pay my measly $350 buy out. My Bill is well over 200 a month.. They know better!!!! 200x24months you can do the math.

Ditto! I also fought hard to get the razr. Asked if I could get a fru once available. They said no. But I don't think id want one. I'm using the extended battery in my bionic. The idea of a non removable battery. Plus i've got accessories.

konellaz

Reaction score
Ditto! I also fought hard to get the razr. Asked if I could get a fru once available. They said no. But I don't think id want one. I'm using the extended battery in my bionic. The idea of a non removable battery. Plus i've got accessories.

I have lapdock 100 and hdmi anywhere.. my second line gets the nexus.. It has been month to month for a year.. They send me crap all the time even call trying to get me to upgrade. Nexus is not new news .I've been waiting for a long time.. Im plugged into hdmi when home and on the go no issues. The batt works excellent in the moto with no need to have more than batt for me.. DT is dev for razor. Petty sure I'll be happy with this as my themed out daily driver since bootloader locked.. And my nexus as one bad A$$ mofo !

bluezdawg

Reaction score
VZW reps are less reliable than the weather man! I have spent countless hours on the phone with various reps and more than %90 of the time I find better answers on the forums. The fact that the rep said Thanksgiving seems even more outlandish. Sorry if I sound angry but just how I feel about it.

Not that it's right, but you need to keep in perspective the that folks in Verizon stores are there to sell phones, not to provide support if you have a problem. As I've heard stated a couple of times "never confuse the sale with the install". I am sure these folks are provided standard non-answers when savvy smartphone users approach them with problems. The customer tech support lines are another story. My experience there is that the folks there are willing to help, in some cases really understand the issues, but are also armed with non-information. Unfortunately, I think we are just caught up in an era where selling the next thing is the priority.

It is unfortunate that more information (good & bad news) is not shared by either Verizon or Motorola. We are relegated to sifting through multiple forums trying to separate reality from BS when honest , accurate information would suffice. I do want to acknowledge that this forum does seems to have some pretty sharp folks and I have found great information about maximizing the use of of my phone via mods and great apps.

I did have higher hopes that the Motorola Support Forum would provide a higher quality of information, but that is not the case. For example, think about it, if they are planning a "soak test", they would in fact know what the problems are (phone, infrastructure...) and what problems the test would be targeting, why not publish the facts (again, the good & the bad) to promote some confidence or at least project that you are in fact really working on something. Instead, we get this cloak & dagger bunk about NDAs etc., that something is coming soon but the select few cannot comment... that does nothing to promote consumer confidence. What I see over there is over there is a large majority of folks that are frustrated by non-information and a smaller number of folks that seem to worship each other.

Anyway, enough of my rant, it is what it is. At the end of the day, I'll probably do what they want, go buy something else.

But wait! :icon_ banana: If you act right now, you can buy a 2nd phone and only pay shipping and handling in hopes that one of them will work :p