Dropped Data Fix Turkey Day!

heath223

Reaction score
Long story short I talked with Verizon CS today and was told that the Update to fix the dropped data would start coming out on 11/24/2011. IF it doesn't get setback anymore. The guy said he would contact me the day after to make sure I got it.

??? We'll see!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Dang! I was hoping you'd say Motorola said that. I don't trust Verizon Customer Support.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Dang! I was hoping you'd say Motorola said that. I don't trust Verizon Customer Support.

ditto, VZ Customer service told me today that in their computers they have "within the next 2 months". I've been fighting with them for the last 2 months and they tell me something different everyday. Most don't even know what I'm talking about when I tell them it's a software problem and moto is working on a fix. I've been flat out told by SOME verizon CSR's that data drop is not a known issue on the bionic *shrug* good try VZ... good try.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea.. I don't see this happening, but stranger things have happened .. one can hope :)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
highly doubt it'll roll out to the masses on Thanksgiving.. especially considering we havent heard any news of the soak test starting yet. Probably cyber-monday at the earliest.

Remember VZW CS does NOT know nearly as much as they want to lead you to believe.
They just tell you what you want to hear to get you off their phone line.

OP
heath223

heath223

Reaction score
The guy had me on the phone for a while and gave me the name of the fix, (cm7?) I know that isn't5 right but it was a couple letters and maby a # I can't remember exactly. Anyway I will see in a few days??? He also said fixes etc... come out 11P.M. or so.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm going to have to agree with others that I wouldn't get your hopes up. When I first got my X2 and was calling in about issues they REPEATEDLY insisted the X2 CAME with Gingerbread installed. Finally after 3 times one of the guys said he wasn't sure, which is a step up from being flat out wrong.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
That's the major downfall of a company that deals largely over the phone. As stated before, anyone can say anything that comes to mind just to get you off the phone. Sometimes that pays off though when you get a good deal. In Tech Support though, it's very rarely a good thing.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The guy had me on the phone for a while and gave me the name of the fix, (cm7?)
If he told you CM7 was coming by way of Moto/VZW update he was definitely blowing smoke although most of us wouldn't mind that update :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DoctorV

Reaction score
Since this information came from a Verizon Customer Service rep it guarantees that the fix will NOT be launched on Thanksgiving. If we can get a lot more guesses from Verizon CS reps on date when the update will be pushed out then we will be able to get a better idea when it actually will be released because it won't be released on any of the guessed days. Yes that's how much faith I have in anything a Verizon CS rep says.

OP
heath223

heath223

Reaction score
If he told you CM7 was coming by way of Moto/VZW update he was definitely blowing smoke although most of us wouldn't mind that update :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NOT CM7! but it was a code of the fix that was a couple letters and maby a #. I do know it may not come to be but he seemed to know a lot of info about it. As well as he is going to contact me the day after to see if I got it? Just sounds good!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do know it may not come to be but he seemed to know a lot of info about it. As well as he is going to contact me the day after to see if I got it? Just sounds good!

If it's like the other OTA updates, even if it starts on 11/24 that does not mean you would definitely see it that day. It might be days or even weeks later, and so random that if you bought 2 Bionics the same day one could get it way earlier than the other.

Last edited:

cbrmike

Reaction score
I would not put much faith in what CS said regarding a date for the OTA, call back again and you might get someone telling you that they have yet to here of an update or a single issue with the bionic and that its a great flawless phone.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I too have a love/hate relationship with the help at Verizon. There are times when they are helpful and seem to know what's happening.
Then there other days when you have to smile and walk out.

The funny thing for me was a few weeks ago when the Razr was not available to buy but was in stores. I was comparing the Bionic to the Razr and
the rep was amazed I wasn't sure about the Bionic due to the drop outs. She actually looked at her phone and said "What drop outs, I've never heard of that?"
She insisted that in Sacramento they don't have any dropouts, but then she says, "It's probably the 4G network" she then advised that "you should keep you phone
on 3G and then put it on 4G when you need it.

bbtkd

Reaction score
If they start rolling it out on a holiday, it would only confirm VZW cluelessness. Holidays at a call center are difficult to staff, and a time where more experienced staff with seniority take the holiday, leaving less experienced staff to work it. One could argue that they are all clueless, so it doesn't matter but there are bound to be some good ones in the senior staffers. With high turnover that probably means they've been there a whole year. Based on past rollouts, one has to question whether VZW tells call center staff anything.