State of the Droid Turbo: 2 months in

Rogus

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing FK. Not sources I put much trust in especially as I've been checking my usual sites and not one has mentioned anything and you know someone always leaks that a soak test has started. Not in any rush for Lollipop, but always keeping an eye out for announcements.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for sharing FK. Not sources I put much trust in especially as I've been checking my usual sites and not one has mentioned anything and you know someone always leaks that a soak test has started. Not in any rush for Lollipop, but always keeping an eye out for announcements.
Yeah, I don't place much trust in them either simply because they are rather obscure. Also as I mentioned there is far too little chatter to be credible.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
FoxKat, how does it feel to be the slain messenger? Been there done that. I'll still take the fox over the hare.

We must...We must...increase our boost

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just don't get it the hoopla...

Android - 5.0 Lollipop

"The songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one of your Android devices can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices."

I can do all that now if I put all my s*** in your Cloud and use Chrome on every device.

"Content responds to your touch in an intuitive way."

Who wrote this? Does this make anyone else go "OMG I MUST HAS!!!"

"With Lollipop, your tablet shows your inbox alongside the message you have open, while your watch shows new emails as they arrive."

Uh... that's a feature of the Gmail app and my watch ALREADY shows me new emails as they arrive. How is this a "Lollipop Feature"???

"For fewer worries and disruptions, adjust your settings so only certain people and notifications get through. When it's important, respond directly from your lockscreen."

Meh?!?!

"Power for the long haul with a battery saver feature that extends your device by up to 90 minutes."

Can't wait to see this in action. Does it work like every other "Battery saver"? Going to disable my GPS and BT and stop all background data??? In other words, not practical at all?

I could go on and on and on and on....

#Skeptic

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for several months now, it is enjoying "I don't notice it" status. Anymore "If" something performs as expected - I simply don't notice it. I notice when something acts up or craps the bed.
My driver side door is rattling in my Jeep so "It" is getting noticed ..... see what I mean.
My oldest Son who is "back home" after College and about to turn 23 with no job is about to start getting my attention..... see what I mean.
Droid Turbo....... Huh?

Rogus

Reaction score
Other sources are now reported an invite to agree to be chosen to participate in a DT soak test has been received by some.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Other sources are now reported an invite to agree to be chosen to participate in a DT soak test has been received by some.

It doesn't work like that . If you are going to pass on rumors like this ya best provide a link . Other wise it's bull . Anyone include me can say what you did and without backup it's bunk . :)

Oh by the way I heard the soak test starts Tomorrow around 4 o'clock . :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Actually it appears that FoxKat was right.. I've seen other sites saying invites are indeed, going out.. But... We don't know if it's a volte update or lollipop..

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh..... And so great update saga of 2015 begins. It'll go something like this:
When do the Soaks start?
Soaks coming!
Soaks here!
(why wasn't I included?)
Updates rolled out in Ohio!
(I live in Kansas, where is my update?)
I got my update!
This update sucks!
This update broke my phone!
This update broke my battery!
-Foxcat steps in-
"FDR"
"calibrate your battery meter"...

"Ahhhh... Now this update is great.... When r we getting mint-chocolate-icecream update? "
And the cycle begins anew

I love updates :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm still waiting for my StarTac to Update................
I used to have the star tag with the add on that gave it a ton more battery and calling features... Lol.. That phone with that add on.. Helped in getting an armed robber arrested..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahhhh..... And so great update saga of 2015 begins. It'll go something like this:
When do the Soaks start?
Soaks coming!
Soaks here!
(why wasn't I included?)
Updates rolled out in Ohio!
(I live in Kansas, where is my update?)
I got my update!
This update sucks!
This update broke my phone!
This update broke my battery!
-Foxcat steps in-
"FDR"
"calibrate your battery meter"...

"Ahhhh... Now this update is great.... When r we getting mint-chocolate-icecream update? "
And the cycle begins anew

I love updates :)
You've missed something.. There was a soak that broke (froze up) several devices on the droid Maxx... But i think it happened mostly on devices that were rooted.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The StarTac was the "First" cool phone IMO. I don't think any device has been as transformational as that (maybe the first Razr) I'm talking about strangers coming up to you ..... mouth agape, zombie walking towards you, arms out, hands cherry-picking as they mono-tone the words past you, " W h a t IS T h a t?" :eek:
You think (quickly) should I turn and run OR answer them?? IF "She" was Hot...... well, answer is obvious.
I'd actually let Her "touch it". "Ooooh that is C o o l!" and they were. The StarTac and the Razr really changed the game when they came out. Now, everything looks the same and honestly performance..... ? Mediocre is the new Norm.
Think about it, "Cell Phones" are totally unique in that "WE" ALL pay a fortune for a product that is sure to fail, we will be treated like uniBombers when we seek help or assistance and We Pay a Mortgage amount Monthly for glitchy functionality, dropped calls, surprise data useage, screens that crack, bodies that scratch, Apps that freeze, Cameras that blur unless we can emulate Lincoln as He currently sits .... ALL for what?
I don't have an answer to that....
Personally I think one day at 12:01 P.M. somebody is going to push a secret button from a bunker located way way below the Earths surface and one side of ALL are heads is going to simultaneously explode and one lone 8 year old genious is going to chuckle and say, "Huh, that was cool" and that will be it.

No, I'm not nuts just have an active imagination :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Smdh....