State of the Note 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hero2.jpg

58d57637997de49f703ffaba47a17fdf.jpg

Samsung released a beast of a phone in the note 4. Arguably the best phablet experience on the market with the best package overall. Best screen, best camera, best stylus experience, excellent battery life, removable battery, and up to 128 gb of external storage, the note 4 is the phablet people can gravitate to especially if you are looking for a device that provides a great working device as well as entertainment while capturing life's experience with a camera that rivals the iPhone 6. If you do not care about rooting, custom skins, or a locked bootloader then this is one of the best android experiences you will find in a phablet.

Note 4 owners what is the state of your Note 4?

For fun you can submit your rebuttal to team Nexus and Team Turbo here: Team Turbo or Team Nexus 6 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Locked, cocked, and rocked. Haha!

Still enjoying my Note 4 just as much as I originally did. I may have ruined myself for a smaller screen now though, because I really enjoy the bigger view of things, but I'm pretty sure I'm ok with that.

The s pen seemed gimmicky to me before I got the phone and had a chance to use it. I used it a TON when I first got the phone. That has dwindled down quite a bit, but I still feel like I get enough use out of it to justify having it in the phone and therefore with me all the time.

Battery still rocks through the day, but I picked up a spare anyway, so now I don't have to plug in in the evening on heavy use days. I can spend some serious time gaming on the phone after work if I so choose and don't have to worry about being tethered to the charger.

No regrets by any means.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My TT signature sums up my feeling.
I actually use the s pen more on this one than I did my Note2. Placing its button half way up instead of near the tip has made a huge difference in ease of its use. The distance from the screen the phone notices the s pen has also more than doubled, again making it more useful for highlights of things and page scrolling. I'm not so sure I'd have had such an easy acclimation away from the pen to the G2 if the pen on the Note2 was as easily useful to me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My TT signature sums up my feeling.
I actually use the s pen more on this one than I did my Note2. Placing its button half way up instead of near the tip has made a huge difference in ease of its use. The distance from the screen the phone notices the s pen has also more than doubled, again making it more useful for highlights of things and page scrolling. I'm not so sure I'd have had such an easy acclimation away from the pen to the G2 if the pen on the Note2 was as easily useful to me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I really just slipped out of the habit of using it. When I remind myself to take it out and use it, I enjoy it and get why people like it. I just stopped thinking about using it after the new wore off even though I found it incredibly useful when I first got the device.

Probably just a matter of slipping back into old habits since this is my first device with such a thing. I've actually been trying to remember more lately that I've got it so handy.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
My Note 4 is completly stock....yah I'm boring. I did recently d/l Blinq launcher because I hate the way the touchwiz folders look..... so I guess it's not completly stock...but close. I use my Spen on daily....I love it!

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thinking about it more, I think I've determined the other reason I don't think to use the s pen regularly. I've grown accustomed to using the device one-handed like I have with previous smaller phones. Unless I'm playing a game or something in landscape mode, I rock the Note in one hand all day long, which is "handier" to me. So, it has to be a conscious decision to tie up both hands to use it.