State of the Nexus 6: 2 months in

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I talked to him. I thought I was going with the Note 4, but that fell through. I may be back to a Nexus since I personally am getting tired of manufacturers' skins. I change my mind too much. I'm actually seeing if the M9 comes out in a 5.5" "phablet" version. I would love to give that a go.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you get a 64GB through ATT? Aren't they more expensive then anywhere else?

on the move..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Can you get a 64GB through ATT? Aren't they more expensive then anywhere else?

on the move..
I think 32Gb is like $680 or so which if ya get the 64Gb which I recommend it's $700 list Moto

Edit: 32Gb blue is available at Motorola now.. Just not sure what the wait is for delivery .. $649

Tap'd by Big 6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SO MANY CHOICES. Sorry for cluttering the thread. Let's hear from more Nexus 6 owners!

on the move..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SO MANY CHOICES. Sorry for cluttering the thread. Let's hear from more Nexus 6 owners!

on the move..
No biggie feel free to ask questions.

No 64gb is not available through att but is through T-Mobile. As bummed as I was I have yet to fill up half of my storage.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Was listening to dlife podcast and Kellex was not so hot on the nexus 6 battery life. Now I know we all use our phones differently so this is not a diss on him as I respect opinions. But we have come a long way in battery life for a quad hd phone to get 8-10 hrs of battery life or hard use and 16-24 of normal use. It was not long ago when we struggled to get 7 hours out of a 720 p phone. For a media device the nexus 6 is a go. Love watching videos and movies on it for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I still have two. N6s. PM me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I love mine so far. Little application lag at times, but I attribute that to 5.0 issues. Only problem I have noticed is sometimes my back button does not register every time I hit it.

I turned on 'Show Touches' in Developer Options and drug my finger along the bottom of the screen under the soft keys when it was happening. I noticed that the touch stopped right under the back key.

Though, I rebooted my phone and it is not doing it now. So could just be a software issue as well, hopefully not hardware related. Couldn't be happier with the size and feel of the phone. I have a metal slate and dark steel Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and I love them both.

I like the clear plastic back to show off the white Nexus back. I have been thinking about getting a DBrand skin, but wouldn't want it to not fit in the case anymore, so have been putting it off.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
For those who either have both the Nexus 6 and Droid Turbo, what are your thoughts? Large screen and large battery notwithstanding. I was pleasantly surprised that the 6 feels as good in hand as it does, and after watching a couple of youtube videos……yikes!

For instance, I was talking with my wife today and she asked a question that I did a quick search (while using my S4) to grab the answer, without skipping a beat. This type of functionality is much more important to me than…….let's say the camera, or even rooting the device.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love my nexus 6. Though I do not recommend it for everyone, those who like the bells and whistles and need a great camera for night time shots, but by far this is the best nexus out hands down. I have no real complaints and think you will enjoy your nexus 6. But the granddaddy of it all is you have a phone that works on all US carrier's LTE and I do not think there is another phone out that does the same . This means for the next 2-3 years you have the power and not the carrier especially if you bought it outright or outside the carrier. All the carriers have their quirks and their plus and it is a matter what you are willing to put up with. But before if you got mad, you had to sell your phone and buy a new one to go to another carrier (except some att phones that work on T mobile), but now you literally can go to your carrier and say you are not happy and am not afraid to take my device to another carrier.
I hope more devices are released like the nexus 6 where you can use it on any carrier's LTE. That will shift the balance of power back to the carriers.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh man I love my Nexus 6! After being locked down for so long it's great to be able to do whatever I want!

Sent from my Nexus 6
Welcome to freedom. Want to see how free, next time you get a chance go to Verizon, sprint, att, T-Mobile and put their sim card in and you will never want to go back to locked down again whether bootloader or sim.