Leaked Moto Droid Turbo Specs

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The Droid Turbo shall come with a 5.2-inch touchscreen with QHD (2,560X1,440) resolution, 3GB of RAM, a 20 MP rear camera, and a 2 MP front snapper.

The smartphone will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset with a 2.65 GHz quad-core CPU and an Adreno 420 GPU. Internal storage is probably going to be 32GB, and the handset should also sport Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, a gyroscope, and a compass. It will run Android 4.4.4 KitKat.

That's all we know for now,

gsmarena_001.jpg

No sign of an SD slot. Are SD's part of the past? What do you think?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There's something to be said for immediately removable storage. Cloud storage or wired/wireless data transfer is less simple and slower.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think with these data caps a SD card is a better option. But this seems to be the way of the future. I know I'll be good with 32g on board. But I know many need more. I'm not a pic taker or carry much music with me so it's a non issue. I do love these specs!

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think with these data caps a SD card is a better option. But this seems to be the way of the future. I know I'll be good with 32g on board. But I know many need more. I'm not a pic taker or carry much music with me so it's a non issue. I do love these specs!
+1 J, I'm not a Pic taker either, but feel more comfortable with what I do have being resident on my phone.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There's something to be said for immediately removable storage. Cloud storage or wired/wireless data transfer is less simple and slower.
Maybe I am old school, but I like popping my SD into my notebook and transferring pics, data etc.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm definitely the sd card type ..I don't care for this cloud transfer...I don't use any other than drop box for when I'm sharing something ..and I like to connect my phone to laptop and transfer stuff ...

M8 tap'd

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Two giant problems with cloud storage: capped data plans and signal (i.e. airplane, building, boonies).

cmorty72

Reaction score
I'm rather ecstatic and looking forward to this new beast being released into the wild (soon hopefully). I just hope that Motorola takes note from the current flagships out there sporting removeable memory, as well as a removable battery. The 2nd. gen "X" wasn't really a major attention getter for me due to those perks. I like having the idea of expandable memory as well as removable batteries.
I'm currently on the fence with getting a new device to replace my venerable Razr HD Maxx. Its battery is starting to go with the tell tale swelling and overheating issues. I've even gone as far as to consider the LG G3 as a suitable replacement... but with the Turbo/Shamu on the horizon I'm rather torn.
Will the Turbo be the game changer that its specs show, or will it disappoint?
I just hope that with those impressive specs that the device is a major game changer that its leading us to believe.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what this phone is all about....but I'm afraid dual front speakers and capacitive buttons on a 5.2" display is going to be just too big of a phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think in the end, it'll be about the size of the G3..but we'll see.. Hopefully sooner than later.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Please be bigger than 5.2....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk