State of the Nexus 6: 2 months in

Discussion in 'Motorola Nexus 6' started by pc747, Jan 20, 2015.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,242
    [​IMG]

It have been about 2 months since I purchased my Nexus 6 from AT&T. All my concerns from the size, the logo, to whether or not it can be unlocked have all been answered. Thanks to dbrand I have a nice skin to cover up the AT&T logo, At&t sent me my sim unlock code and I have been able to test it on Verizon's Lte, and the size have not been an issue for me. After 2 month I still feel that this is arguably the best nexus device as well as the best over all device I have owned. Everything from the screen, front facing speakers, and swift updates elevate the love for this device. Though I would have like a better camera and a larger battery I am able to make due just fine with the current camera and easily get through a day and some change with the current battery. Plus with the turbo charger I can quickly charge my device for those times I am on the go or forget to plug it in the night before. Though I am concerned about the backplate issue from motorola I am happy to say that is not an issue of mine currently.

So interested to hear from other Nexus 6 owners about how the state of their Nexus 6.

For fun you can submit your rebuttal to team Turbo here: Team Turbo or Team Nexus 6 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

2. nair.sidhant

nair.sidhant New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I bought my N6 shortly before Thanksgiving. In my opinion, this device is one of the best I have owned in a while. It looks so classy. One of my few problems is the back of the phone and the matte. Don't get me wrong, I love the matte, but it tends to get extremely oily and greasy. So, out of many recommendations, I bought a Spigen case. LTE ON T-Mobile is already blazing and the phone is just nice and easy to use.

Also, I am interested in DBrand, but can't seem to fully persuade myself. Yes or no?

• Like Like x 2
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I have had my Nexus 6 for a month or so (don't really remember when I got it)... I ended up purchasing an AT&T version thru Best Buy which I have unlocked and have it running on VZW with absolutely no issues. I have enjoyed the phone and it was good to get back to Moto with a phablet style device. I still use the Z3v and LG G3 but most of the time it is the Nexus 6.

@nair.sidhant - I have a DBrand skin on my device - I got it to cover up the AT&T logo LOL :)...

• Like Like x 2
  4. nair.sidhant

nair.sidhant New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't have a logo though, except for the Moto Nexus logo. I rarely put on my case as well, only when I get scared. @smalltowngirl13

5. kevsgroove

kevsgroove Active Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Went to the Verizon store the other day to geta look at the Nexus 6. It was funny that after telling me they didn't have any in, the rep surreptitiously whispered "go by Sprint, I hear they have them."

I love the look and it didn't feel nearly as bizarre at that size as I thought it would. Question is, can this be ordered from Google, Verizon ready, or must it be unlocked to work with Verizon?

6. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I think the only one that has to be "unlocked" to use on VZW is the AT&T model - the Nexus 6 that you can order from Google and Moto will work with no issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kevsgroove

kevsgroove Active Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Thanks, that's good to know.

8. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I just read a "rumor" that vzw and moto are working on a carrier specific version of the n6..go figure.. Another way for vzw to try to lock it down.. And their version may have a 4000Mah battery.. So.. Essentially a bigger screened turbo..

9. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,242
    At this point why even bother releasing a nexus 6?

We are in 2015 time to focus on releasing new devices not being late to release a 2014 device.

• Like Like x 1
  10. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +909
    That's kind of enticing if it ends up like the ATT version, bigger battery and carrier specific but can still get updates from Google timely. Wishful thinking with Verizon I know..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +909
    And every time I've been into a Verizon and asked about the Nexus 6 I get a stare like I'm crazy. Nobody there even knows what it is. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,242
    Right, yeah at this point if you want a nexus 6 buy one from Google, Motorola, or another carrier and unlock it.