State of the Droid Turbo: 2 months in

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what city you live in where your mortgage is around $90/month? :D
My monthly cell phone bill is $560.00 that IS a common mortgage payment for many average Americans. I would also submit that it is a little obscene that we would even be ok with $90 a month for a "phone bill" - that is how far out of balance (skewed) our sense of "normal" has become.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
$560?!?! For a MORTGAGE? I assume that is NOT including Property Taxes? Then MAYBE. If it is, you are referring to a Trailer Park. I assure you, $560 is nowhere near AVERAGE.

"The national average for a home loan is $222,261 with a $1,061 average monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage at 4 percent, according to LendingTree."

At 4%.

I would submit that just because i used that $90 figure (which is the cost of one line and 2GB of Data from VZW) does not mean my sense of normal is skewed. I think that's a ridiculous amount of money for one cell phone. Your $560 bill MUST be for 6 people or more... That's insane... (not saying YOU are, but VZW is to charge that).

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I used to have the star tag with the add on that gave it a ton more battery and calling features... Lol.. That phone with that add on.. Helped in getting an armed robber arrested..
Why am I not surprised?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My monthly cell phone bill is $560.00 that IS a common mortgage payment for many average Americans. I would also submit that it is a little obscene that we would even be ok with $90 a month for a "phone bill" - that is how far out of balance (skewed) our sense of "normal" has become.

$560?!?! For a MORTGAGE? I assume that is NOT including Property Taxes? Then MAYBE. If it is, you are referring to a Trailer Park. I assure you, $560 is nowhere near AVERAGE.

"The national average for a home loan is $222,261 with a $1,061 average monthly payment for a 30-year mortgage at 4 percent, according to LendingTree."

At 4%.

I would submit that just because i used that $90 figure (which is the cost of one line and 2GB of Data from VZW does not mean my sense of normal is skewed. I think that's a ridiculous amount of money for one cell phone. Your$560 bill MUST be fr 6 people or more... That's insane... (not saying YOU are, but VZW is to charge that).

Alright. So P&I ONLY, but still...

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Forums are funny (the banter not the people) No Wonder the "Talking Heads" (read: Politicians) are so successful. They actually get folks to believe their Farts smell good AND everybody lives in a quarter million dollar house.
Down here in PoDunkVille der' we ya;ll live in dem der houses ( Not traeelers) reel Hausses!! er. and day cost prit near about 65-70 thousand dollears. Ummm an we pay da bank about 500-600 of them a month on average, Uh Huh.

Anyway.... my Mortgage discussion (wasn't the point of my post anyway) is Done for today.
Maybe the "Humor" was enjoyed by those who..... enjoyed it. :confused:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just discussin, brother. That's what us city folk do on forums. :D

It's an AVERAGE though, my friend. Sure, I can show full on houses that are less then $30,000 in Cleveland (LOTS of them), just like I can show you $2.4 million dollar homes. Yet the national average is: stated above.

(Not trying to be difficult here, I'm married to a Mortgage Underwriter and know a lot about housing)

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just discussin, brother. That's what us city folk do on forums. :D

It's an AVERAGE though, my friend. Sure, I can show full on houses that are less then $30,000 in Cleveland (LOTS of them), just like I can show you $2.4 million dollar homes. Yet the national average is: stated above.

(Not trying to be difficult here, I'm married to a Mortgage Underwriter and know a lot about housing)

And I'm a mortgage banker, so we're both on the same page. I wasn't talking averages, I was speaking more that it could easily be a mortgage payment for some. But your point is well taken. If you all knew what my mortgage payment was, you'd wonder why I hadn't looked at that number as perhaps the water bill! LOL! :confused:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And I own a bank... In monopoly.. Until we reset he board... Not what this thread is about... So.. On with the turbo discussion...

Who here thinks that the turbo will receive lollipop when this soak is over??

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I think it's lollipop. I'll probably wait a good while before installing it though.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I vote Lollipop as well. Can't see any other reason for a SOAK at this point.