So, now we have to take the new note 7 back?

Reaction score
I kind of feel Crappy sending things back like these cases as it wasn't Amazon or the case manufacturers that screwed the pooch on this phone...

Sent from my New Note 7
That's the thing. Samsung is compensating third party manufacturers too, so no need to feel guilty.
Agreed... I didn't order a bunch of things for my Note 7 thankfully!

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
TY, Good to know.

Sent from my New Note 7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Crap!! I didn't get a chance to call Verizon

sam_gordon

Reaction score
So I called Verizon on Sunday. I was told the box was ordered and I would get it on 10/26. Today, still no box.

I call Verizon again. The first rep says "I'll order a box for you.". I ask if I have to wait two weeks for that one to be delivered. "yes.". I tell her that's unacceptable and ask for a supervisor.

I get the supervisor on the phone and tell him they can either issue me credit for the Note 7 and I don't care how long the box takes to be delivered, or overnight me a box. He says "we can do that". Before I get off the phone, I ask for a confirmation number/tracking number. He says he'll email it to me. I thank him and hang up. Within 5 minutes, I get the email... which has a $13 charge for "Next day by 8pm" along with all of my other normal monthly charges.

Verizon could not have f-ed this recall up any more, at least as it pertains to what I have gone through.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had a different experience, Verizon credited the entire purchase back, and I show an upgrade available. As for when I will return the Note, that's for another day.

Sent from my New Note 7

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Why are people in such a hurry to get the return box? As long as they give you the credit for the Note 7, who cares about the box...it gets there when it gets there I say. In the meantime, keep using the device, just power it down each night if you're that concerned it's going to explode.

S5 tap'n

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Why are people in such a hurry to get the return box? As long as they give you the credit for the Note 7, who cares about the box...it gets there when it gets there I say. In the meantime, keep using the device, just power it down each night if you're that concerned it's going to explode.

S5 tap'n
Absolutely, if you're scared get a bucket of water and let it swim, now you're totally protected.

Sent from my New Note 7

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

S5 tap'n
Because for some bizarre reason, sam gordon had been told by Verizon that he can't receive credit for his N7 until he gets the special box and returns it, even though he already bought a replacement phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sam_gordon

Reaction score
Because for some bizarre reason, sam gordon had been told by Verizon that he can't receive credit for his N7 until he gets the special box and returns it, even though he already bought a replacement phone.

Exactly! Look, I'm glad others have gotten their credit. *I* haven't. I've talked to:
A Verizon Store Employee
A Verizon Store Manager
Two Online Chat Reps
Two Phone Reps
A phone rep supervisor.

I understand "CSR Roulette", but I think I've done my part to even get over that hump.

As far as why return the phone...
1) My boss says "return it" (and he's the one who okayed the reimbursement for the phone)
2) My HR director says she was considering not letting me bring it in the building.
3) I wasn't comfortable letting my 10yo daughter "play" with the phone. Yes, the chances of an issue are remote, but if something DID happen, how would I feel?

ETA: The Verizon Store employees I talked to are from an actual VERIZON store, not an "authorized reseller".

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Exactly! Look, I'm glad others have gotten their credit. *I* haven't. I've talked to:
A Verizon Store Employee
A Verizon Store Manager
Two Online Chat Reps
Two Phone Reps
A phone rep supervisor.

I understand "CSR Roulette", but I think I've done my part to even get over that hump.

As far as why return the phone...
1) My boss says "return it" (and he's the one who okayed the reimbursement for the phone)
2) My HR director says she was considering not letting me bring it in the building.
3) I wasn't comfortable letting my 10yo daughter "play" with the phone. Yes, the chances of an issue are remote, but if something DID happen, how would I feel?

ETA: The Verizon Store employees I talked to are from an actual VERIZON store, not an "authorized reseller".

I still do not get why this is so difficult for you!! It's insane!

Kowolski

Reaction score
The risk of fire is minuscule. It's less likely than choking to death on your next meal
2fbc54ffbc9d980b8e8f5aad8495ba3f.jpg

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I ave no idea yet on the results as I actually did the exchange of the last day of my cycle. I've tried to check on line but all I can see was last months billings where it doesn't show. If it is as reliable as the' free overnight shipping promised' I am not holding my breath.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Been a week or so at least and not more talk of note 7s catching fire.....guess if it was a conspiracy/sabotage those that did feel the job was done.....lol.

well the V20 is suppose to be released at my att store today supposedly anyway, so bye bye note 7 you will be missed.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Unless Sammy pushes out an OTA that completely disables the new Note 7, my SO is keeping hers.

S5 tap'n
What happens if it causes a fire and she didn't choose to bring it back? Could that be an insurance issue if you had a serious house fire and a Fire Marshall discovered that her phone was the accidental cause? It would be well known everywhere that the note 7 was recalled. I would be annoyed, as she probably is, if I had to return my phone , if I liked it and there was no exact replacement. I understand her feelings. But insurance wise, there could be a problem and you wouldn't want to not be covered for your possible losses.. Both my son and son in law are in the insurance business(health, not property/casualty) but I heard them talking about that possibility the other day.. So it is a topic of discussion in the insurance world currently. You may want to ask your home insurance broker about our before making a final decision ..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk