So, now we have to take the new note 7 back?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It won't. Period.
There are a thousand other things that could kill, maim, choke, strangle, burn us to death every single day. I refuse to live in a bubble because a few phones caught on fire. There are a million Note 7s still in operation, yet we haven't heard of any catching fire for weeks. If it happens it happens. I choose to believe we'll be fine.

S5 tap'n

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It won't. Period.
There are a thousand other things that could kill, maim, choke, strangle, burn us to death every single day. I refuse to live in a bubble because a few phones caught on fire. There are a million Note 7s still in operation, yet we haven't heard of any catching fire for weeks. If it happens it happens. I choose to believe we'll be fine.

S5 tap'n
I agree.. You'll probably be absolutely fine. I'm just surrounded by insurance types at home and they are always talking about stuff...I probably shouldn't listen to them anyway. . They can make me paranoid( lol )

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
What happens if it causes a fire and she didn't choose to bring it back? Could that be an insurance issue if you had a serious house fire and a Fire Marshall discovered that her phone was the accidental cause? It would be well known everywhere that the note 7 was recalled. I would be annoyed, as she probably is, if I had to return my phone , if I liked it and there was no exact replacement. I understand her feelings. But insurance wise, there could be a problem and you wouldn't want to not be covered for your possible losses.. Both my son and son in law are in the insurance business(health, not property/casualty) but I heard them talking about that possibility the other day.. So it is a topic of discussion in the insurance world currently. You may want to ask your home insurance broker about our before making a final decision ..

I think this is a great point.... there is way to much uncertainty with the Note 7 issues. I personally feel that if a company as big as Samsung actually goes through the trouble to totally recall a flagship device then the issue should be taken seriously.

Yeah there haven't been any new cases but honestly I bet the majority of people have taken action and exchanged their devices.

Some people may want to gamble with their safety and property but for me personally that was not a gamble I was going to take.

@redbert31 thanks for sharing what you've heard from your son and son in law!

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm only returning it because it's going to be shut off soon, I don't believe it was a serious issue, but the media hype certainly exacerbated it it the point Samsung had to do something. Very sad for an awesome device doomed to corporate corruption.
My opinion, and my choice to continue to use it.
On another note, the S7 edge is in the house and setup, when the box comes, the Note will be powered off and sent on its way.

Sent from my New Note 7

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think this is a great point.... there is way to much uncertainty with the Note 7 issues. I personally feel that if a company as big as Samsung actually goes through the trouble to totally recall a flagship device then the issue should be taken seriously.

Yeah there haven't been any new cases but honestly I bet the majority of people have taken action and exchanged their devices.

Some people may want to gamble with their safety and property but for me personally that was not a gamble I was going to take.

@redbert31 thanks for sharing what you've heard from your son and son in law!

You're welcome... Everybody who has one who's an adult is free to make a choice and I understand both sides. My husband needs his note(I think it's 4 it 5) because his hands aren't too steady and he can't use a virtual keyboard... If it was his model of note that was recalled( and you can't get real keyboard phones any more), he world keep it anyway because there aren't other stylus phones at this point. So I hope ultimately that they come out with another stylus phone to make the decision easier for those that want to keep the s7

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm only returning it because it's going to be shut off soon, I don't believe it was a serious issue, but the media hype certainly exacerbated it it the point Samsung had to do something. Very sad for an awesome device doomed to corporate corruption.
My opinion, and my choice to continue to use it.
On another note, the S7 edge is in the house and setup, when the box comes, the Note will be powered off and sent on its way.

Sent from my New Note 7
I understand!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score

If they recalled them because there is a definite safety issue you are right, but if the recalled them as a CYA move only, not so right.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
CYA move??

Sure. Say that the 2nd generation of Note7 was flawless, and the N7's that caught fire were either flukes or intentional, I believe Sammy had to do the recall to cover their own butts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk