So, now we have to take the new note 7 back?

sam_gordon

Reaction score
Your situation doesn't seem to be what has typically happened for most Verizon N7 exchanges. Many members reported that they received a paid in full/zero balance on their bill and full upgrade available before they returned or exchanged their N7. Others reported that they exchanged their N7 and credits or refunds were immediately applied for the cost difference of the exchange. I wonder if the problem is that your employer who purchased the phone has already received a credit or refund for the N7.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No, I bought the N7, paid with my CC, and my employer reimbursed me. My issue now is I'm out the money for my N5 until the refund comes in. I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong that others have successfully gotten refunds. Even if the store doesn't know how to handle the exchanges, I would have expected one of the two chat reps I dealt with would have been able to say what needs to be done (even if it's "go back to the store").

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No, I bought the N7, paid with my CC, and my employer reimbursed me. My issue now is I'm out the money for my N5 until the refund comes in. I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong that others have successfully gotten refunds. Even if the store doesn't know how to handle the exchanges, I would have expected one of the two chat reps I dealt with would have been able to say what needs to be done (even if it's "go back to the store").
I would call Verizon directly. Often times you have much better luck calling. It appears to me that they should have done an even exchange plus an additional credit or refund for the price difference on the N5.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Sorry, BS. I came on here to see if anyone else has had problems exchanging their Note 7 with Verizon.

VERIZON sent me text messages saying return the phone. I bought the phone from VERIZON. I took my phone to a VERIZON (not "authorized retailer", an actual Verizon store) store to exchange for a Note 5. I had to pay for the Note 5 (my company paid for my Note 7 in full). I'm told a box will be shipped, I return the Note 7, and then I'll get a refund or credit (still not sure about that one) for the Note 7 cost. When will the box ship? Don't know. This was last Thursday (10/13). On 10/14, I do an online chat with Verizon. "Oh, no box has been ordered for you." Let's get that taken care of.

Yesterday (10/20), I do another chat. "Oh, it can take 1-2 weeks to receive the box." So now I have to wait another week, ship the Note 7 back, and wait again for my refund/credit. Want to make a bet this will span my credit card cycle? Verizon has no problem charging my card all but instantly if I purchase something.

There is NO reason it should be this difficult. You should be able to return the "dangerous" phone to the store, get another phone, and instantly be issued the refund/credit. The Verizon chat person told me yesterday the phone is not dangerous if it's powered off and not charging. So why won't they accept it at the store?

I would suggest you call Verizon customer service and speak to an actual live person. Explain all that has happened and all of your concerns. There should have been an immediate refund of the Note 7 that you could see THEN purchase the new device and wait for box to ship Note 7 back.

Some stores are not informed properly or following the procedure properly.
Do not disconnect with Customer service until they do right.. speak to a manager if you have to. Also don't cuss or get really angry it never gets anywhere... I've been there...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

sam_gordon

Reaction score
I would call Verizon directly. Often times you have much better luck calling. It appears to me that they should have done an even exchange plus an additional credit or refund for the price difference on the N5.

I would suggest you call Verizon customer service and speak to an actual live person. Explain all that has happened and all of your concerns. There should have been an immediate refund of the Note 7 that you could see THEN purchase the new device and wait for box to ship Note 7 back.

Some stores are not informed properly or following the procedure properly.
Do not disconnect with Customer service until they do right.. speak to a manager if you have to. Also don't cuss or get really angry it never gets anywhere... I've been there...

Thank you both. Is there a number you would recommend calling or just the (800) 922-0204?

Thank you.

Reaction score
That wasn't directed towards you. More towards others I've see on other sites that think they are owed everything. People going after Amazon to get refunds for cases they bought. Things like that annoy me.

Samsung Note 7.5
Ouch! I wouldn't say that I 'went after' Amazon, but I'm sending back two Spigen cases and a tempered glass screen protector. Amazon is accepting it all, no muss-no fuss! A third case I'm keeping since I haven't decided what phone to replace my Note with yet. lt needs protection while I figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Ouch! I wouldn't say that I 'went after' Amazon, but I'm sending back two Spigen cases and a tempered glass screen protector. Amazon is accepting it all, no muss-no fuss! A third case I'm keeping since I haven't decided what phone to replace my Note with yet. lt needs protection while I figure it out.

i decided to keep my case as a momento of what was a great phone......lol. it was only like 7 bucks or so, not gunna worry about it.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I didn't realize Amazon would take them back, now to find the packaging...

Sent from my New Note 7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I kind of feel Crappy sending things back like these cases as it wasn't Amazon or the case manufacturers that screwed the pooch on this phone...

Sent from my New Note 7

Agreed... I didn't order a bunch of things for my Note 7 thankfully!

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For me it's a few things, but I can use the quick chargers and Qi chargers on another Qi/quick device, another reason for considering the S7 edge, which of course still wasn't in stock at BBuy...

Sent from my New Note 7

sam_gordon

Reaction score
So I called Verizon yesterday. I still need to wait on the box and ship it back before getting credit. And it would be applied as a credit to the account, not a refund to the card.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I been waiting for a box for 3 weeks now cause they told me samsung would be shipping it and the they said the same thing wen i ordered my v20,i dont think ill ever see the box but i know i will see my money one way or the other

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
So I called Verizon yesterday. I still need to wait on the box and ship it back before getting credit. And it would be applied as a credit to the account, not a refund to the card.

That is so weird... I already got all the credits for both of my Note 7s BUT I've not seen a box yet... I may call tonight and see what they say. I'll report back after I call.