So, now we have to take the new note 7 back?

ngt

Reaction score
So, just got this text....

FREE VZW MSG: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note 7, including the replacement version, will no longer be sold for safety reasons. Samsung recommends that you stop using and power down your Note 7. Please return your Note7 to your point of purchase and exchange it for another device.

Is this a suggestion or a recall? Does the 14 day return thing come into play? Or can I wait a bit until a new good big phone comes out?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
So, just got this text....

FREE VZW MSG: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note 7, including the replacement version, will no longer be sold for safety reasons. Samsung recommends that you stop using and power down your Note 7. Please return your Note7 to your point of purchase and exchange it for another device.

Is this a suggestion or a recall? Does the 14 day return thing come into play? Or can I wait a bit until a new good big phone comes out?
I suggest you return the device ASAP. Or do you prefer to chance a fire?

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I just didn't know if it was a full recall or just a suggestion. My 14 days on the Verizon thing and at best buy are up.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
"Exchange it for another device."

Take it back, production has stopped and multiple "new" note 7s have had the same issues as the original. As of right now you don't "have" to take it back but you will receive no software or tech support for the device ever. You run the risk of an exploding device and i imagine before long it will be a mandatory return.

Just go get a new phone. Replaced.mine with a preorder of the pixel XL

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score

Take it back, production has stopped and multiple "new" note 7s have had the same issues as the original. As of right now you don't "have" to take it back but you will receive no software or tech support for the device ever. You run the risk of an exploding device and i imagine before long it will be a mandatory return.

So.... the 14 days don't matter?

thc1967

Reaction score

The risk of fire is minuscule. It's less likely than choking to death on your next meal.

The real risk is no support, ever, for the device, and no value to it when you're finally done with it.

I received notification from T-Mo that I should return the phone for a full refund. Of course, I don't want a refund, I WANT THE PHONE!

What's a good alternative to the Note 7? I love everything about it - stylus, screen, software, etc. Is there another phone from a high-quality manufacturer that even comes close?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The risk of fire is minuscule. It's less likely than choking to death on your next meal.

The real risk is no support, ever, for the device, and no value to it when you're finally done with it.

I received notification from T-Mo that I should return the phone for a full refund. Of course, I don't want a refund, I WANT THE PHONE!

What's a good alternative to the Note 7? I love everything about it - stylus, screen, software, etc. Is there another phone from a high-quality manufacturer that even comes close?
As tiny as the chance may be, why risk it? Samsung has made a global recall for a reason. The phone has been deemed unsafe for use, so why continue using it?

While there is no other phone that really compares due to the unique feature of the s-pen, there are plenty of very good devices available.

The closest thing this generation is the s7 edge which I might add is a great phone. Sure it doesn't have the s-pen but it's pretty much 90% of what the note 7 is.

Another good alternative is the note 5. Sure it's a generation behind but it's no slouch of a phone either and can offer just about the same experience.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+

when you pre-ordered your phone did you have one to use while you wait, or did they give you a "rental" if you will? i know each company is different, im On ATT and am looking at the LG V20 to use for the year till i can upgrade back to a note 8 (if called that) all though this recall business has pushed my upgrade time back a couple of months.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I was thinking that too, but knowing my luck my 2 year old son would Grab it cause either he had to have it and took it when i set it down, or was thinking he was being helpful and taking it to me is when it would catch fire, so probably going into att and see what it will take to get me into the V20 when it comes out.

Reactions: cr6

Gremlin

Reaction score
I bought mine from Costco Verizon Wireless. The first recall was after my 14 days. They were able to put my old phone back and my line as upgradeable.

I am hoping they can do it again. I am not going to get any new pones until next. I will patiently wait.. I am using my Note 7 like crazy until this weekend..

R.I.P

thc1967

Reaction score
"...As tiny as the chance may be, why risk it? ..."

Why risk eating solid food? Driving? Swimming?

I LOVE my Note 7. I will be crushed if and when I am forced to exchange it for an inferior phone, and all other phones available today are most assuredly inferior.

You mentioned the 2 models (S7 Edge & Note 5) I'm considering to bide my time until the Note 8 becomes available, I guess. :(

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I dont think we can make it that long cause samsung is sending those return kits out within 2 weeks to send the phones back according to verizon

dumpyloser

Reaction score
They are not getting mine back unless they cripple it with an OTA that I don't have to accept, come to my door and apologize to me personally for the loss of several hundreds of dollars that it costed me to upgrade, OR they give me the s7 edge AND make sure I'm not paying for it every month or at all.... I'll even take a refurb, but that's it. Otherwise, I'll keep my same phone that hasn't gotten hot or "blown up".