Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Abby Normal, Jul 16, 2010.
Tell me why I should dump my droid and get a droid X
Good question.....what do you think so far?
You should dump the Droid for the Droid X if you desire the Droid X more than your Droid.
If you like Root and Custom Roms i'd keep the droid
If you can even ask the question, you need to get the X. We, the Droid Loyal, require more loyalty to the Droid than that!!!dancedroid
JK of course.
Go play with the X and see if it "fits" you. You'll enjoy either one.
got to say the droid x is amazing. I did love my droid but now its in my dresser with my other retired phones.
I would not get rid of my roid..I did not do that..I would simply add to my collection as I have done..so Droid and its big brother sit nicely on my night stand every night together
Go for the X
I must say I was wondering that as well. However, now that I have mine it is great! It addresses alot of the things I did not like about the Droid.
1. Only 3 home screens. I had to install launcher pro. This really sucked as it bogged down my phone badly. I ended up uninstalling it the week before the X release. The X has 7 home screens. Very usefull for home life and business use.
2. No more crappy mobile web. The Droid took you to mobile web sites and they are horrible. This phone actualy has full HTML support so you get the actual sites.
3. They got rid of the slide to answer for call waiting. Still have to slide if a call come in when the phone is locked though.
4. Massive power plant with the 1GHZ CPU and 512 MB of RAM. This is huge in the phone world. Droid only has 550 MHZ CPU and 256MB RAM.
5. 720 P Video. Nice
1. The external speakers on the X are alot quieter than the Droid it seems.
2. Still have to hit the unlock button and slide the stupid slider accross the screen. I hate that little slider!!!!
3. The X seems to play all my old videos that I had from past phones (including the Droid) and videos I saved from messages very choppy and audio is out of sync. Not sure what is up there. Perhaps I will search the forum and see if anyone else is having this issue.
I think it was a good choice. I never mess with flashing the rom and installing Froyo or any of that crap as not everything works. To me there is no point. Can't wait for 2.0 for Flash player 10.1!!!
I think we know when it is time to move on to another phone. For me it is not time yet, for others it is. The same should be true for you. Currently both phones run the same OS. The X is bigger, has tv out. One reason to wait would be to see what the next phone will offer. Of course there are those who also just purchase each of the phones too. Again, that's something that works or doesn't work for each of us individually.
If you need a forum full of people to TELL you why, then perhaps you should just save your money. Even more exciting devices are coming out in the not to distant future.
Of course, I paid full retail for my DROID, so I may value it more than some folks. But in my eyes, a little over 8 months is NOT a long time to have owned a piece of electronics, and to me my DROID still has a lot of life left in it. At 1GHz, it's considerably faster than most netbooks on the market. And alot smaller.
I got the X and am still looking forward to whats coming this Fall......
The Droid X is bigger, more powerful, BUT...it can't be rooted or have developer Roms installed (at least, for the time being) and that is a MAJOR problem, a deal breaker for me. Having enjoyed a rooted phone since the first week I got my original Droid, I will never go back to a phone that can't be rooted.
When they successfully root the Droid X, then I'll make my move, but until they do, I'm staying put with the original Droid that I dearly love. dancedroid