Should I get rid of my Droid?

baniels

Reaction score
You should dump the Droid for the Droid X if you desire the Droid X more than your Droid.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can even ask the question, you need to get the X. We, the Droid Loyal, require more loyalty to the Droid than that!!!dancedroid

JK of course.

Go play with the X and see if it "fits" you. You'll enjoy either one.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would not get rid of my roid..I did not do that..I would simply add to my collection as I have done..so Droid and its big brother sit nicely on my night stand every night together

selluminis

Reaction score
Go for the X

I must say I was wondering that as well. However, now that I have mine it is great! It addresses alot of the things I did not like about the Droid.

1. Only 3 home screens. I had to install launcher pro. This really sucked as it bogged down my phone badly. I ended up uninstalling it the week before the X release. The X has 7 home screens. Very usefull for home life and business use.
2. No more crappy mobile web. The Droid took you to mobile web sites and they are horrible. This phone actualy has full HTML support so you get the actual sites.
3. They got rid of the slide to answer for call waiting. Still have to slide if a call come in when the phone is locked though.
4. Massive power plant with the 1GHZ CPU and 512 MB of RAM. This is huge in the phone world. Droid only has 550 MHZ CPU and 256MB RAM.
5. 720 P Video. Nice

Bad things:
1. The external speakers on the X are alot quieter than the Droid it seems.
2. Still have to hit the unlock button and slide the stupid slider accross the screen. I hate that little slider!!!!
3. The X seems to play all my old videos that I had from past phones (including the Droid) and videos I saved from messages very choppy and audio is out of sync. Not sure what is up there. Perhaps I will search the forum and see if anyone else is having this issue.

I think it was a good choice. I never mess with flashing the rom and installing Froyo or any of that crap as not everything works. To me there is no point. Can't wait for 2.0 for Flash player 10.1!!!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think we know when it is time to move on to another phone. For me it is not time yet, for others it is. The same should be true for you. Currently both phones run the same OS. The X is bigger, has tv out. One reason to wait would be to see what the next phone will offer. Of course there are those who also just purchase each of the phones too. Again, that's something that works or doesn't work for each of us individually.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tell me why I should dump my droid and get a droid X

If you need a forum full of people to TELL you why, then perhaps you should just save your money. Even more exciting devices are coming out in the not to distant future.

Of course, I paid full retail for my DROID, so I may value it more than some folks. But in my eyes, a little over 8 months is NOT a long time to have owned a piece of electronics, and to me my DROID still has a lot of life left in it. At 1GHz, it's considerably faster than most netbooks on the market. And alot smaller.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I got the X and am still looking forward to whats coming this Fall......
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
The Droid X is bigger, more powerful, BUT...it can't be rooted or have developer Roms installed (at least, for the time being) and that is a MAJOR problem, a deal breaker for me. Having enjoyed a rooted phone since the first week I got my original Droid, I will never go back to a phone that can't be rooted.

When they successfully root the Droid X, then I'll make my move, but until they do, I'm staying put with the original Droid that I dearly love. dancedroid

-Mike

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you do not care about roms and rooting, then the droid x will probably be a good fit for you. Most of the people, including myself, that are disinterested in the droidx are those that are rom users.
I for one do not see what a 1ghz droid x offer, other then a bigger screen (but tethering to a laptop fixes that), that my rooted droid doesnt have or cant get.
Ima wait, hype is just that....if some one says I have to get something then Ima wait on it. Because like the i4 and other "must have stuff" wants the hype dies down that is when all the bugs, and reality hit the fan. Now the droid has its faults as well, ie the headphone jack, keyboard, etc. If through all the hype and bad reviews the device has all the features you want then get it. If not learn to see if it will get it or search for another device.

liam.

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to mess with the x yet but if you want something new, then go with it. It can't be rooted yet and its not that much bigger similar in size to he Droid, slightly thinner BC it doesn't have the key pad. But I would wait and see what the deal is with the official release of froyo and try to get your hands on an actual working X and play with it see how you like it. Then make your decision I have learned from other forums like when dealing with upgrades and new parts for my Mustang you have to decide what YOU want BC its a lot easier for someone else to make a decision they don't have to pay for!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Russ2387

Reaction score
i love my droid. love installing new roms, and running flash. i dont want to be stuck with a phone that i cant put roms on. BUT this is quite possibly the last phone to do that.... my phones do not last more than a year. so im HOPING that a new droid will be out around then {first of the year} with 2+ ghz chip and {dare i ask} a front facing camera. hopefully with a 8+ mp camera. a good camera please. im praying that the peeps on here can work there magic and hack this future dream phone too, :D. either way... NO IPHONE FOR ME!!!