Why should I get the Droid?

rsandre

Reaction score
Why should I buy a Droid now as opposed to waiting for the second generation Droid with less flaws?

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just want your guys' opinion

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Second gen? This isn't the Storm... there's no Droid 2 in hiding to 'cover up' a botched device and launch.... :)

there's updates starting to roll out today... should be out to all over the next couple days.

Jan 22nd there will be another additional update. This phone is only going to get better... shouldn't need to be convinced :)

OP
R

rsandre

Reaction score
Martin, you're the man thanks for the advice

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Martin, you're the man thanks for the advice

sorry i didn't provide the links for the updates and what's addressed in each one but it's late and i got lazy :(

just be prepared for a learning curve... I came from BB and the first day with my DROID was frustrating but once you get it in your noggin' this device is unbelievable.

TheShaz

Reaction score
I agree, the Droid is NOT the Storm. This device has been a total success. The return rates on this device is very low. My wife works for VZW, one week after the Storm was released, it was being returned left and right.

That is not happening with the Droid.

Sure you can wait for the next phone to come out, but once it does, why not wait for the version after that? Or the one after that? Just get the Droid and be happy.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure you can wait for the next phone to come out, but once it does, why not wait for the version after that? Or the one after that? Just get the Droid and be happy.

Exactly the thinking that led me to buy the Droid instead of waiting for the HTC Passion... which has all but fizzled out ...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, but as most already knew, or at least speculated, the passion, wouldn't hit until Q1 of 2010 anyways.

civEX

Reaction score
Better get it before 12 tonight if ordering online. I heard they are putting back the actavation fee. Not sure about the shipping.

superglen99

Reaction score
what you have to understand is any type of electronic device be it phone or tv will always be upgraded and made better as soon as one becomes available. how many of us (including me) paid hefty amounts for hdtv's when they first came out and now for half the price of that tv you can get one twice the size and 1080p?? that's just the way it is. I'm happy with my Droid and the updates just make it even better :)

soyboy

Reaction score
The Shaz is on target.....with tech devices you will wait forever for a "better" device, just jump in, be happy with it for the next couple of years then get the next best thing (and I will keep mine after that for a backup device). JUMP IN THE WATERS FINE! :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Growth of this particular unit will be fine: updates to the OS, more apps, just grab one, it WILL last you unitil you decide to get something else down the line, that is the difference.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I agree, the Droid is NOT the Storm.

I still hold a lot of love for my Storm. Maybe because I'm a tinker freak with my devices but if there was no Droid I'd still have it and be happy.

That being said... the Droid is certainly a device you most likely won't go wrong with.

TheShaz

Reaction score
The DROID is a hot device. It should clear 1,000,000 units sold by Christmas. Not bad, not bad at all.