Samsung Galaxy Nexus Press Shot and Specs Released Ahead of Tonight’s Event

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear about some event going on tonight? :icon_ banana: I hope I haven't hyped this up too much in my head haha

Vakharn

Reaction score
One point people who are complaining about the 1.2ghz number seem to have missed is that this has the 4460 processor, not the 4430. Tthat means it has been underclocked from 1.5ghz already, so the only downside to restoring it to 1.5ghz with a custom kernal woould be slightly reduced battery life.

From what I can see there is really no downside to this phone at the moment unless the camera or battery proove to be inadequate.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
One point people who are complaining about the 1.2ghz number seem to have missed is that this has the 4460 processor, not the 4430. Tthat means it has been underclocked from 1.5ghz already, so the only downside to restoring it to 1.5ghz with a custom kernal woould be slightly reduced battery life.

From what I can see there is really no downside to this phone at the moment unless the camera or battery proove to be inadequate.

Camera is rumored to be 5mp. Some people are crazed about this, but...it's supposed to have an awesome sensor and take pictures better than the new iPhone. If peeps can get past this, I think the camera will blow people's mind.

loki993

Reaction score

Did no know that, nice. Im not really complaining as much as pointing out.

tc1

Reaction score
Camera is rumored to be 5mp. Some people are crazed about this, but...it's supposed to have an awesome sensor and take pictures better than the new iPhone. If peeps can get past this, I think the camera will blow people's mind.

Yep....more mp does not mean better camera.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I'll take the reduced battery to rock 1.5ghz no prob!!

jcardona1

Reaction score

Seriously. It's baffling how people are still hung up on megapixels. Is the general public really that ignorant about how cameras work? Just goes to show you how clever marketing can brainwash people.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously. It's baffling how people are still hung up on megapixels. Is the general public really that ignorant about how cameras work? Just goes to show you how clever marketing can brainwash people.

"I want the one with the bigger Gee-Bees"

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Is it just me, or does this look nothing like the "something big is coming video"? ;) I've gone back and forth between the pictures and I don't see them looking alike...
This is probably the Asia model which is encouraging, maybe the LTE model will be the high end one! :D :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In all honesty, it's pretty simple and took less than five minutes.

I don't have photoshop on this computer, but knowing that the Razr is 7.1 mm thick, you can take the press shot and extrapolate the height, use that on the face picture and get the over all width...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a proper side comparison pic, so I went with the next best thing.

Disclaimer: This entire graphic is based on the assumption that the Razr and Bionic will have the exact same screen size. That is all, take it or leave it.

With that in mind, I give you the following:

View attachment 41517

Knowing that the Bionic is 5 x 2.6, that would make the Razr 5.12 x 2.7 based on my extremely rough calculations...

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this look nothing like the "something big is coming video"? ;) I've gone back and forth between the pictures and I don't see them looking alike...
This is probably the Asia model which is encouraging, maybe the LTE model will be the high end one! :D :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Really? Need I post this again? Here you go:

View attachment 41522

Ignore the difference is colors. These are absolutely the same phone.