Samsung Galaxy Nexus Press Shot and Specs Released Ahead of Tonight’s Event

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would hope they learned their lesson on patent infringement by now but it still has its similarities.. its still more iPhone like than an HTC or moto

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

We'll see I guess, this is definitely the first phone from Samsung I have been excited about. Also the first phone I have given any consideration to for upgrading from my aging Dinosaur.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Too much time on my hands...

For those wondering how big this will be compared to another known device...

Based on the specs given in the leak and the actual specs of the Charge, I give you the following. The exact dimensions given for the Nexus are correct down to the mm, according to Photoshop :)

Galaxy Nexus vs. Droid Charge

View attachment 41480

Posted in the RM, but I'll add it here too: These are the results from my excel for a few phones (one sheet is inches, the other is mm, bezel numbers are both sides added together, not amount per side):

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would hope they learned their lesson on patent infringement by now but it still has its similarities.. its still more iPhone like than an HTC or moto

You need to understand that Google is running the show with this phone, not Samsung. This is Google's phone, Samsung just built it to the specs required of them. Samsung, as well as HTC (when they had the first Nexus) work closely with Google when designing the phone, but ultimately Google gets the final say with every single thing that goes into this phone. Your argument is not valid, sorry.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
We'll see I guess, this is definitely the first phone from Samsung I have been excited about. Also the first phone I have given any consideration to for upgrading from my aging Dinosaur.

Any phone will be a huge improvement lol I do like the screen size but not much else from what I've read so far

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'll go one further.

How huge is that screen? Here ya go ;)

View attachment 41485

Now, I've held a Charge, and that screen is huge! If the new buttons are indeed able to be swiped away, that screen is going to be monstrous and friggin awesome!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to understand that Google is running the show with this phone, not Samsung. This is Google's phone, Samsung just built it to the specs required of them. Samsung, as well as HTC (when they had the first Nexus) work closely with Google when designing the phone, but ultimately Google gets the final say with every single thing that goes into this phone. Your argument is not valid, sorry.

So google styles it and thought of the wacky screen and the subpar battery.. highly doubt it.. the internal ideas and vanilla android.. I'll completely agree.. most of the ideas are samsungs and google overseas it.. in most cases dropping the ball

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 41485

Now, I've held a Charge, and that screen is huge! If the new buttons are indeed able to be swiped away, that screen is going to be monstrous and friggin awesome!

My only question is that if this wasn't an original picture of the phones side by side and there wasn't an identical object in each image to match up, how do you know they are on the same scale?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

View attachment 41485

Great work, I'm all for bigger screens

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
So google styles it and thought of the wacky screen and the subpar battery.. highly doubt it.. the internal ideas and vanilla android.. I'll completely agree.. most of the ideas are samsungs and google overseas it.. in most cases dropping the ball

You are half correct. Samsung submits a style, Google says yes or no. Simple.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Wow between the pics and the phone comparisons I give u guys props.

Sent from my Moto Droid

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are half correct. Samsung submits a style, Google says yes or no. Simple.

And we all know google isn't the most creative of companies.. not bashing them just been observant the last few years. .I'll still be with el goog forever

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
My only question is that if this wasn't an original picture of the phones side by side and there wasn't an identical object in each image to match up, how do you know they are on the same scale?

Because I created the image myself.

Take a seat...

I took the Charge image directly from Verizon's website. Also took the exact measurements from there.

I took the Nexus image directly from the Japan leak from today. Took the measurements from the leak, converted them to inches.

Set up a 6 in x 6 in canvas in Photoshop and laid down a 1 in grid all the way across the canvas. Then removed any unnecessary background from the images and aligned them to the top. Then measured 5.35 inches and 5.11 inches top to bottom and then resized each image to fill the space. When I did this, everything appeared to scale appropriately and the dimensions were exactly what I was expecting.

loki993

Reaction score
Honestly though, how fast does a phone really need to be to handle it's functionality. Probably not much faster than 1ghz dual core, IMO. Certainly a bigger processor is a nice selling point, but at some point, on the current crop of phones anyway, you max out functionality to speed.

You are right, its not a big deal at all

The screen doens' tlook as curved as the fake images. Darn. Oh well, I bet it will still rock people's socks. The thing about it only being 1.2Ghz is that its pure Android which is much faster than what manufactures put on top of it. My DX with its lonely 1Ghz processor is more than fast enough with pure android on it and no blur.

right but just about any phone can be rooted and flashed so pure android is only a couple hours away.

yep, I think 1.2ghz dual cored is plenty fast enough. I am sure this device is going to get a ton of dev attention too being a VZW Nexus and all so it won't be long before we see some serious OC kernels for those who feel they need it faster.

Yes it will.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because I created the image myself.

Take a seat...

I took the Charge image directly from Verizon's website. Also took the exact measurements from there.

I took the Nexus image directly from the Japan leak from today. Took the measurements from the leak, converted them to inches.

Set up a 6 in x 6 in canvas in Photoshop and laid down a 1 in grid all the way across the canvas. Then removed any unnecessary background from the images and aligned them to the top. Then measured 5.35 inches and 5.11 inches top to bottom and then resized each image to fill the space. When I did this, everything appeared to scale appropriately and the dimensions were exactly what I was expecting.

Sooo, Magic.... Got it. ;)

But in all seriousness, good job. I think I tend to over complicate things in my head at times.