Samsung Galaxy Nexus Press Shot and Specs Released Ahead of Tonight’s Event

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe it hated the LTE chip like the Tegra does.

Am I the only one not impressed with those specs, aside from Android 4.0 of course? Pretty much par for the course at this point, a little disappointing for a superphone. I was hoping for a 1.5 processor

Honestly though, how fast does a phone really need to be to handle it's functionality. Probably not much faster than 1ghz dual core, IMO. Certainly a bigger processor is a nice selling point, but at some point, on the current crop of phones anyway, you max out functionality to speed.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
So Samsung updated the screen but downgraded the processor? Doesn't hd screen more refresh power then lets say qhd? As long as I don't get choppy browsing like I did on bionic I wont care if benchmarks rank lower then a sgII

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The screen doens' tlook as curved as the fake images. Darn. Oh well, I bet it will still rock people's socks. The thing about it only being 1.2Ghz is that its pure Android which is much faster than what manufactures put on top of it. My DX with its lonely 1Ghz processor is more than fast enough with pure android on it and no blur.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The screen doens' tlook as curved as the fake images. Darn. Oh well, I bet it will still rock people's socks. The thing about it only being 1.2Ghz is that its pure Android which is much faster than what manufactures put on top of it. My DX with its lonely 1Ghz processor is more than fast enough with pure android on it and no blur.

yep, I think 1.2ghz dual cored is plenty fast enough. I am sure this device is going to get a ton of dev attention too being a VZW Nexus and all so it won't be long before we see some serious OC kernels for those who feel they need it faster.

305rev305

Reaction score
Sorry, you couldn't pay me to take your Bionic :)
This is the only thing I don't like about android. U have new phones coming out every month and we can buy the all!! At least apple comes out once a year or something like that....lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Um...no, not even.

This will be superior to iPhone in every way. And no, they are not carbon copies, as you are alluding to. The overall design and os is so drastically different, not even you can honestly claim this is a "big iPhone" without sounding like a crazed iPhan.

The os is android.. .I pointed that out.. I'm huge on android and hate iPhone.. but apple isn't suing samsung for no reason.. very similar styling.. setups, even icons. . like I said a big iPhone with android just like the galaxys were very similar to iPhones.. if you want a true android device u dont get a samsung.. if u want a big iPhone with 4g and an android os.. samsung is your phone

No need to hate on the iPhone.. if you sit them next to each other and compare. .you'll see it. .I did with friends T-Mobile galaxy and a iPhone4

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The os is android.. .I pointed that out.. I'm huge on android and hate iPhone.. but apple isn't suing samsung for no reason.. very similar styling.. setups, even icons. . like I said a big iPhone with android just like the galaxys were very similar to iPhones.. if you want a true android device u dont get a samsung.. if u want a big iPhone with 4g and an android os.. samsung is your phone

No need to hate on the iPhone.. if you sit them next to each other and compare. .you'll see it. .I did with friends T-Mobile galaxy and a iPhone4

right but this phone is not a TouchWiz device and it will have the curved screen. As far as I can tell, it shouldn't be targeted for any patent issues.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
This is the only thing I don't like about android. U have new phones coming out every month and we can buy the all!! At least apple comes out once a year or something like that....lol

Just stop paying attention to what new phones come out and you'll be fine! (No way for me!)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yea u can't have the latest greatest anymore. . But on the other hand you have tons of options in size keyboard hardware brand and4g which makes android great

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too much time on my hands...

For those wondering how big this will be compared to another known device...

Based on the specs given in the leak and the actual specs of the Charge, I give you the following. The exact dimensions given for the Nexus are correct down to the mm, according to Photoshop :)

Galaxy Nexus vs. Droid Charge

View attachment 41480

bigdad63

Reaction score
I remember several years ago being disappointed by samsung when they did not give the US the Omnia HD (which had an 8mp camera).here we are in 2011 apparently getting screwed again, 5/1.3mp cameras, no exynos processor, huge screen with a relatively small battery. really samsung? you couldnt at least stick the superior cameras from last years gs2 in to the prime? stop advertising stuff as the best thing since sliced bread when you arent even using the best of what is currently in your own toolbox. Looks like vigor or razor for me.

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
right but this phone is not a TouchWiz device and it will have the curved screen. As far as I can tell, it shouldn't be targeted for any patent issues.

I would hope they learned their lesson on patent infringement by now but it still has its similarities.. its still more iPhone like than an HTC or moto