Samsung Galaxy Nexus Press Shot and Specs Released Ahead of Tonight’s Event

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's strange, if the three gold pins are for some sort of dock, my gut tells me they should be on the other side of the phone. I'm trying to picture this phone docked as it's shown. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all other phones docked from the other side? (i.e. left side of the phone down, capacitive buttons to the right)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's strange, if the three gold pins are for some sort of dock, my gut tells me they should be on the other side of the phone. I'm trying to picture this phone docked as it's shown. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all other phones docked from the other side? (i.e. left side of the phone down, capacitive buttons to the right)

Long Answer: Yes

Diab210

Reaction score
I'm not sure what else the 3 gold pins could be aside from some sort of dock connection. And its going to cover the power button if that is the case so the dock would need to have its own power button somewhere else. If those pins are in fact dock/accessory connectors it was apparently very important, or at least not a problem, to move the phones power button somewhere else. If those are for a dock... that means I'll have to carry the phone around caseless which could be disastrous for my new phone.