Samsung Galaxy Nexus Press Shot and Specs Released Ahead of Tonight’s Event

Diab210

Reaction score
I like to hope Google wouldn't replace Samsung's Exynos cpu in a Samsung made device phone with a cpu that was worse. There has to be a reason for it to be an omap 4460... 12 hours to go before we find out!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool a big iPhone with android

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you see why I am concerned with GPS? The Fascinate takes 15 mind to find GPS.

Yeah, that was a known issue with Galaxy S phones, which can be fixed, I hope you know. New Samsung phones like the S II and even the Charge have excellent GPS'. No worrys anymore.

Last edited:

squeak

Reaction score
According to my measurements and the dimensions listed in that flyer it's about 10mm taller, 3mm wider, and 1mm thinner than the bottom of a DX.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool a big iPhone with android

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Um...no, not even.

This will be superior to iPhone in every way. And no, they are not carbon copies, as you are alluding to. The overall design and os is so drastically different, not even you can honestly claim this is a "big iPhone" without sounding like a crazed iPhan.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to my measurements and the dimensions listed in that flyer it's about 10mm taller, 3mm wider, and 1mm thinner than the bottom of a DX.

Exactly as suspected, nearly the same size as current 4.3 inch phones. Sammy made good use of that screen real estate :)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wasn't sure about the bezel being metal in the previous official image. The side shot made it look like a black plastic bezel and possibly a metallic battery cover, but the new image definitely makes the bezel look metallic. I thought at first maybe they were different phones or they modified the design slightly, but a side by side comparison shows they're identical in form and button placement. Maybe the colors were off in the first image?

From yesterday's "hands-on" (if you want to believe him) he made it sound like the outside was still a type of plastic, albeit "futuristic-like", and the innards were reinforced with more metal for more rigidity and durability.

maybe the folks overseas are getting a slightly different design (or material tweaks), or vice versa

I agree with this and/or different carrier are getting slightly different designs here in the states.

This is all I have to say. Anyone want to buy a 1 month old Droid Bionic?!?!?

Not before they buy my unopened/never been used Bionic... hahahah

I like to hope Google wouldn't replace Samsung's Exynos cpu in a Samsung made device phone with a cpu that was worse. There has to be a reason for it to be an omap 4460... 12 hours to go before we find out!

The running thought is that the Exynos didn't play well with Verizon's LTE chip while the OMAP plays very well with Verizon's chip.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Um...no, not even.

This will be superior to iPhone in every way. And no, they are not carbon copies, as you are alluding to. The overall design and os is so drastically different, not even you can honestly claim this is a "big iPhone" without sounding like a crazed iPhan.

The New iPhan.... seems likes the worst invention ever... it would just fill the room with hot air.... aahahahaha, sorry, I couldn't resist.

squeak

Reaction score
Exactly as suspected, nearly the same size as current 4.3 inch phones. Sammy made good use of that screen real estate :)

10mm taller is a considerable amount.

U r pretty good in geometry. Lol

hooked on phonics really helped me out

yeah for real, when I tried to do the measurement I had it 6 feet long, 3.5 feet wider and a foot wider. Man I was way off.

conversions between metric and standard get me too, man. thats why I stuck with metric.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I do everything in excel :D....should I break out my phone measurement sheet again? hahahaha

loki993

Reaction score

Maybe it hated the LTE chip like the Tegra does.

Am I the only one not impressed with those specs, aside from Android 4.0 of course? Pretty much par for the course at this point, a little disappointing for a superphone. I was hoping for a 1.5 processor

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
10mm taller is a considerable amount.

I guess it's relative to what you consider a lot?

10mm is roughly .3937 inches (about 3/8 of an inch), which to me is a tiny amount and a non-factor considering the bump in screen size.

Is it bigger than the average 4.3 inch phone? Yes.
Is it about the same size as the average 4.3 inch phone? Yes.
Will it feel any bigger than a 4.3 inch phone? Maybe, but probably not.