[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Asterisk

Reaction score
So I am new to the whole Liberty ROM and I was wondering what the easiest way to get my contacts synced with my facebook and stuff like that so I can have some pictures for my contacts. Other then that I am loving the way the ROM runs and I am not even overclocking it by that much. Keep up the good work.

HHRLLC

Reaction score
tried rubix 2.0 last night for 20 min. Back on Liberty 1.5 i love it! Cant wait for Liberty 2.0

kilahimm

Reaction score
So I am new to the whole Liberty ROM and I was wondering what the easiest way to get my contacts synced with my facebook and stuff like that so I can have some pictures for my contacts. Other then that I am loving the way the ROM runs and I am not even overclocking it by that much. Keep up the good work.

If you install the facebook application from the market place it has a setting to sync with existing contacts. It should add the pictures to your contacts as long as you have it installed.

rjs987

Reaction score
The email I am talking about is the email set up icon or app
that is included in the build. On the last version of Liberty I just added my yahoo account by using it.

I had to do it manually by using these settings
Imap server imap.mail.yahoo.com
Smpt server smpt.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

I can get the market yahoo to load but I don't like it the way it opens and lack of settings for email fetch time. I am sure someone can help me get this sorted out.
Thanks in advance

Yahoo changed some info see the below link. Credit goes to rlowez28

Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help

Asterisk

Reaction score

If you install the facebook application from the market place it has a setting to sync with existing contacts. It should add the pictures to your contacts as long as you have it installed.

I tried that and even when I clicked on sync all it still shows up as don't sync. I will try reinstalling it from the market.

damasta22

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to enable haptic feedback on the liberty dialpad? I checked the dialer settings and it says something about cyanogenmod, but I'm not sure how to access that. Any suggestions?

black68gtx

Reaction score
what's the link for a good copy of the zip. I've downloaded twice from a site and the file was only 192kb the install aborted. How big is the zip?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Zip is over 100 mb, you are probably grabbing the torrent. Grab one of the FTP ones that matches your phone.

Sent from 1885

wooddale

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get my complete list of contacts up.on aol & gmail instead of them just comming up when I start typingkinda like they do on yahoo

stevil

Reaction score
Love the rom, but I seem to have a small problem with the car dock in this rom. I like the dock, but their seems to be a problem with modifiying the shortcuts to non-car apps. Instead of seeing a long list of apps, I see just 2 (and the 2 don't always seem to be the same).

bacon225

Reaction score
The email I am talking about is the email set up icon or app
that is included in the build. On the last version of Liberty I just added my yahoo account by using it.

I had to do it manually by using these settings
Imap server imap.mail.yahoo.com
Smpt server smpt.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

I can get the market yahoo to load but I don't like it the way it opens and lack of settings for email fetch time. I am sure someone can help me get this sorted out.
Thanks in advance

Yahoo changed some info see the below link. Credit goes to rlowez28

Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help
Thank you Thank you That is just what I needed.
Thanks Again

black68gtx

Reaction score
Just loaded this rom and like what I have seen thus far. Just a couple of questions 1) how do I install my own wallpaper 2) and how do use HDMI to connect to my TV?
I restored from Liberty for now so that I can make a list of my apps. Is there another way to re-install all of the apps that I'm using. Sorry if this to many questions but I'm new to rooting.
Thanks for the great ROM and this forum.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Use a program called Titanium Backup to make backups of your apps and settings. Then follow this guide once you restore back to Liberty.

How to do a Clean install and restore with Titanium Backup by GLD - Just ignore the Project Elite stuff.

To install your own wallpaper, have what you want on your SD card, then hit the menu button when you are on your homescreen, then tap wallpaper, and go from there.

I know nothing about the HDMI as I have a D2, but i'm sure somebody will help out in that department.